Secondhand Sails

Seajet

Visit site
Question on behalf of a class related to mine, does anyone know a source of reasonable secondhand mainsails ( or have one going ) to suit a Hunter 19 ?

Westaway Sails already contacted with some good results, but other sources would be handy too.

Luff 18'6" Foot 7'5"

I expect headsails and spinnakers would be of interest too.

Thanks

Seajet

Visit site
Pandora,

yes have tried Westaways, as mentioned; personally they're the only loft I go to for new sails, not the cheapest but the best value for good sails.

However a few more sources or immediately available sails would be handy for the Hunter 19 / Europa Owners Association.

Pandoramark1

Visit site
Pandora,

yes have tried Westaways, as mentioned; personally they're the only loft I go to for new sails, not the cheapest but the best value for good sails.

However a few more sources or immediately available sails would be handy for the Hunter 19 / Europa Owners Association.

interesting, i meant to give you a link to here but they look to be one and the same sorry about that.

Seajet

Visit site
Yes I'm ( painfully ) aware of Seateach, I suppose sails originally made by good lofts would be OK, but it would almost be a case of going and measuring a sail rather than take their word for it, judging by the service I and others have had with other items from them; once being enough...

Seajet

Visit site
SimonPK,

correct, Squib is fractional, 19 is masthead. Not sure where that leaves mains, presumably the Squib main will be too long for a 19, but it would work the other way round if for some reason a Squib wanted a tad smaller main for 'cruising'.