Scilly, is it busy?

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
A regular question on this and other forums. Well I understand in these times where people are coming from marina based environments that they can be concerned about finding somewhere to ‘park’ but fear not, unless you are desperate to hang from a mooring buoy there is always room to drop an anchor.
Excuse the poor picture quality, it hangs on our wall and catches the light, but this is the harbour circa 1890, there’s a bit more protection now as the quay is longer but the gist is that visiting boats have been anchoring and filling the place for a long time, just turn up and find a spot.CE446CB8-4248-4D2A-9AE2-1A5C2D7B2B75.jpeg

lustyd

Visit site
For me the trick in Scilly isles is understanding the difference between safe and comfortable. Sometimes you will have an uncomfortable night but you know what? You’ll be up early and first at the good anchorage for the next night!!

Wansworth

Visit site
A regular question on this and other forums. Well I understand in these times where people are coming from marina based environments that they can be concerned about finding somewhere to ‘park’ but fear not, unless you are desperate to hang from a mooring buoy there is always room to drop an anchor.
Excuse the poor picture quality, it hangs on our wall and catches the light, but this is the harbour circa 1890, there’s a bit more protection now as the quay is longer but the gist is that visiting boats have been anchoring and filling the place for a long time, just turn up and find a spot.View attachment 157719
Great picture,seems like they have their mizzenmast set🤔

eebygum

Visit site
Excuse the poor picture quality, it hangs on our wall and catches the light, but this is the harbour circa 1890, there’s a bit more protection now as the quay is longer but the gist is that visiting boats have been anchoring and filling the place for a long time, just turn up and find a
Excuse the poor picture quality, it hangs on our wall and catches the light, but this is the harbour circa 1890, there’s a bit more protection now as the quay is longer but the gist is that visiting boats have been anchoring and filling the place for a long time, just turn up and find a
Excuse the poor picture quality, it hangs on our wall and catches the light, but this is the harbour circa 1890, there’s a bit more protection now as the quay is longer but the gist is that visiting boats have been anchoring and filling the place for a long time, just turn up and find a spot.View attachment 157719
I’m just coming to the end of 10 days cruising the Scilly Isles during these steady easterlies and I’ve found it lovely and quiet and had no problem finding anchorages with just one or two yachts in (Porth Conger, St Helen’s Pool), or moorings when we choose to find them.

Along with 10 other yachts I’m currently anchored off St Mary’s harbour (between Newfie’s Island and Bacon Ledge) riding out todays F7 easterly.

I’m not used to anchoring in such conditions but it feels very calm and secure (so far) and Vivendi has not budged an inch.