Scalliano 35

DoubleEnder

Visit site
I saw one of these the other day ( the picture is of another, lifted from a broker website) and I just thought it looked like a really classy little motor boat. It’s amazing how many small and midsize boatbuilders there are in Italy, or at least it is to me. I don’t think there are anywhere near as many in the U.K.
1685004196165.jpeg

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Sciallino is a brilliant boat. Strong and sea worthy as much as you want, you can throw her in mostly everything.
I was out in a 25 once in four meter seas an it was secure.
They have semi-planning hulls, and I think the 35 is one of there best designs which never gets old.
I think the fifty foot Gemy deserved much more recognition then it actually gets.

Still produce today. Home - Sciallino
And along with Portofino Marine, and Patrone (its owners since 2015) mark the trio which who have evolved the Ligurian Gozzo (fishing boat) into larger sizes and a modern design.

Portofino

Visit site
The yards just literally down the road from Loano @ Ceriale.
They are as common here as Benys in France .But a hugely different build .
They look like they are hewn out of solid granite .
There 45 fly is rather nice .

robert.br1551

Visit site
I saw one of these the other day ( the picture is of another, lifted from a broker website) and I just thought it looked like a really classy little motor boat. It’s amazing how many small and midsize boatbuilders there are in Italy, or at least it is to me. I don’t think there are anywhere near as many in the U.K.
View attachment 157071
Nice boat
I purchased the above boat in 2012 in Amsterdam and she now lives in Scotland. Great boats.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

oldgit

Visit site
The European builders, French, Spanish and Italian have found it possible to produce all styles of small mass market entry level boats to suit all types of market, from very basic ( but with a proper bog, half decent cooking facitilities and couple of bunks ) Peche Promenades to some fairly luxurious craft and actually still make a profit.
Many proper boats with diesels and shaft drive.

In the UK some hedge fund has decided that an 42 ft entry level boat with acres of white carpet and a starter price
(Steering wheel extra ....Sir ! ) of £500.000 ? should give decent return on their very transient investment. ?

A maritime nation ?
Looking for mid range mid priced boat, £50-100K the lack of UK built choice is notable, forced to choose from a boat designed in the 1980s from Prinline or a 1990s Sealine.
Far better choice across La Manche of more modern 35-40 ft built stuff but of course a carefully aimed shot in "el pie" sorted that out. :)

Last edited: