Satellite Phone with Bluetooth and two way SMS facility?

KimWT

Visit site
Hello! I hope I am in the right forum (tech) and I am researching for a Deaf Sailing Charity (Run by Deaf sailors - some with over 40 years experience etc) We have just been awarded some money to purchase satellite phone that contains text facility as well as Bluetooth to be able to speak to harbour masters or the likes easily but primarily a text facility.

so far I have come across:

- ridium GO - as have two ways sms messaging system​

- Thuraya XT Pro Satellite Phone (worried about the coverage)​

Anyone have experienced those two and have used the SMS facility or could recommend one that includes Bluetooth (will enable hearing aid to cut out background noise to make communicating easy)

any advice, tip or suggestion would be highly welcomed.

Kim

Laser310

Visit site
Hello! I hope I am in the right forum (tech) and I am researching for a Deaf Sailing Charity (Run by Deaf sailors - some with over 40 years experience etc) We have just been awarded some money to purchase satellite phone that contains text facility as well as Bluetooth to be able to speak to harbour masters or the likes easily but primarily a text facility.

so far I have come across:

- ridium GO - as have two ways sms messaging system​

- Thuraya XT Pro Satellite Phone (worried about the coverage)​

Anyone have experienced those two and have used the SMS facility or could recommend one that includes Bluetooth (will enable hearing aid to cut out background noise to make communicating easy)

any advice, tip or suggestion would be highly welcomed.

Kim

I just saw this post.., probably KimWT has disappeared by now.., but maybe not...

Anyway, it's not clear to me just what you want to do. If communicating with Harbour Masters, why not use a mobile phone?

Why is BT important? I own a Go, and it communicates with mobile phone or PC by WiFi, not BT - is that okay?

It does do SMS

I also own a Garmin InReach Mini - it does SMS, and communicates with the mobile phone by BT - is that better? It's also less expensive to buy and to operate.