Sardinia

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Just in case anyone is in any other region in Italy , we arrived in Sardinia from Sicily a few days ago and no one been interested in us , two other boats who also sail over with is used marina and both informed us they wasn't interested where they arrived from ,
There been some report on other site you need to report in once arrived this is not our experience.
Look like the season is on the way .
Enjoy everyone

MapisM

Visit site
If by "a few days ago" you mean not earlier than June 3rd, that's all well and good.
In fact, since last Wednesday, movement between Italian regions are allowed, and you came from Sicily.
Your nationality and/or flag is irrelevant.

Now, if you arrived in Sardinia before June 3rd instead, and/or if would have come from outside Italy, THAT would have been in breach of the rules.
But I'm not so surprised to hear that nobody asked you anything, to be honest.
I think there are still bigger fishes to fry, than checking the very few pleasure boats that are out and about...

Anyhow, welcome!
Whereabout did you land, in Villasimius maybe?
I'm just guessing because it's the Sardinian spot closest to Sicily...

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If by "a few days ago" you mean not earlier than June 3rd, that's all well and good.
In fact, since last Wednesday, movement between Italian regions are allowed, and you came from Sicily.
Your nationality and/or flag is irrelevant.

Now, if you arrived in Sardinia before June 3rd instead, and/or if would have come from outside Italy, THAT would have been in breach of the rules.
But I'm not so surprised to hear that nobody asked you anything, to be honest.
I think there are still bigger fishes to fry, than checking the very few pleasure boats that are out and about...

Anyhow, welcome!
Whereabout did you land, in Villasimius maybe?
I'm just guessing because it's the Sardinian spot closest to Sicily...
We did end up in Villasimius to start with but it got too lumpy as the SSE wind picked up bring it with it a swell so we sailed the 18 miles to cap Ferraro and anchored in between a crop of rock which did a nice job of defect the swell away from where we anchored , having a well earned good night sleep after a 30 hour sail .
We left Sicily on the 2nd banking that the locked down wasn't going to be extended , the sight of the Mody ferry early hours in the 3rd confirmed Italy region where open .
But the sail over wasn't all good , half way across the auto pilot given up and we had to hand stear that followed by the wind instrument vane deciding to go on strike and siege up and they do say bad luck come in three , just as we entened Villasimus we caught a bag around the prop .
Hopefully that all our bad luck for this year .
Now just had our second night of quiet sleep just south of Arbatax and a day off from sailing is due for.

MapisM

Visit site
Just S of Arbatax? You must be in the bay called Porto Frailis, I suppose.
Very well sheltered from anything but S & SE winds.
Should you go to a marina, unless you have reasons to stay in Arbatax, Santa Maria Navarrese just a few miles N is much nicer.
And it's the nearest base for exploring the very wild and steep coasts of Orosei Gulf, which are among the best of the whole Med.
If by chance you are planning to go to the N part of Sardinia, making the route just a bit longer to follow the Orosei Gulf coast is something you will never regret.
Btw, I can imagine that at this point in the season, and with the lockdown just behind us, there must be very few boats around, which can only makes a stunning area even better.
Fair winds, and maybe post some pics - I'm sure they would raise some eyebrows!