Sardinia

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
To Sardina on Thursday for a long weekend on a large (53') yacht.

If there was one place you would recommend that we visit (by boat and on/in Sardina), where would it be?

<hr width=100% size=1>A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2002

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
If you can get to the Lavezzi Islands (between Corsica and Sardinia) you'll find and amazing selection of small granite islets with good anchorages dotted among them. Short on restaurants and nightlife though (none of either). It's an underwater nature reserve, so brilliant for diving and snorkelling (need a suit at this time of year though).

<hr width=100% size=1>

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
That wd be a 3-400 mile round trip in 4 days. A bit adventurous even for me - so I doubt we'll get there!

Many thanx for taking the trouble to reply.

<hr width=100% size=1>A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2002

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
went sailing there as a kid
we went to this beach onthe south side i think
litteraly saphire blue sea and bright white beach.

i am almost certain it is not the misty eye of youth that is making it seem so good. we were on a rag and stick so it will be in reach. sorry cannot remember details was a bit young. spent most of time on bow looking out for portugese men o war of which there were quite a few in July.

ask tcm i think he has some knowledge.

enjoy anyway /forums/images/icons/smile.gif . i do remember the food was fab too.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Is the boat there already or where are you coming from. Weve wintered our 37ft motor boat in Alghero which is a beautiful old 'Catalan' city. The marina has space this time of year although filling up rapidly. There are some lovely safe bays around there for day criusing or overnight. Forget Caglieri, absolute dump.
The Magellan straight and Emerald coast in the NE are spectacular but as you say it's too far in the time that you have.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Paulka

Visit site
Alghero, nice old town, and some good restaurants.
Then north, to Stintino, either around the Asinara island, or across the short cut at cap Falcone. (Passagio Fornelli ?? logbook on the boat!) Weather permitting, you could spend the night mooring just south east of the passage.
But not to Porto Torres!

Have a nice trip.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Agree with Paul. Do some homework before crossing the Fornelli Straight. There are two 'gaps' and i have seen yachts dissappear up the wrong one. The real one has markers which are good as long as you can identify them (hence the homework)
david

<hr width=100% size=1>

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
She is moored in Alghero. It's simply a long weekend on a friend's boat.

Looks like Paulka's suggestion is do-able. So in best nautical speak - we'll give that a go.