Samsung App to view grib files

freedom44

Visit site
I have just (over?) invested in a Samsung Galaxy G2 "phone" and was wondering if there is an app to view grib files which I receive as an attachment to emails from Saildocs. On my pc I have a separate "Viewfax" reader which I downloaded from saildocs, but I cannot find a suitable one for the "phone"

Thanks

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
I have just (over?) invested in a Samsung Galaxy G2 "phone" and was wondering if there is an app to view grib files which I receive as an attachment to emails from Saildocs. On my pc I have a separate "Viewfax" reader which I downloaded from saildocs, but I cannot find a suitable one for the "phone"

Applications-> Market -> "Grib" -> Search finds mobileGRIB at £3.52. I haven't tried it, but the reviews are good.

markdj

www.stronge.org.uk
Uk Navionics app has a very good grib download and overlay on their charts but you cant currently use your own grib.

The only other one is the mobilegrib - i've tried the lite one and it is painfully slow at displaying the grib data. The navionics one is almost instant when looking though the times while the mobilegrib app takes 7 seconds to redraw, hopefully it will get better in time but for me, the navionics works great, if only a bit limted to 3 day grib.