Same question, is the Dale pontoon in place?

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
We were at Dale about a month ago and there were only 3 sections of the pontoon there all covered in rust and the outer one looked like it was waterlogged and sinking. I see from driving over the cleddau bridge that the jolly sailor one is there but haven’t been to Dale. Would like to visit this weekend so wondering if the full shore pontoon is there.

the floating pontoon was there a month ago and I think it stays all year these days.

bitbaltic

Both pontoons are out at dale. You can see on the DYC webcam.
Mind you , some Council numpty has added a notice 'no crabbing'... think that it will be totally ignored.
I had no idea they had a webcam there. In fact that's the first time I've looked at a webcam since the days of "image updates once every 60 seconds" stuff. Its great, next time im coming alongside i'll remember i'm on camera!

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
Tico we should be coming on Friday maybe to dale. Will we need to pre Book.
there's nothing boat wise to prebook at Dale, just the short stay landing pontoon, the mid bay concrete pontoon and the three visitors bouys (all first come first served) or the anchorage to the east of the bouys.
Apparently people have tried reserving the bouys by leaving tenders on them this weekend, like towels on a sunbed... The Griffin pub and the Yacht club almost certainly need tables booking though.
post Covid, Milford and Neyland marinas have never been busier berth wise

Last edited:

bitbaltic

there's nothing boat wise to prebook at Dale, just the short stay landing pontoon, the mid bay concrete pontoon and the three visitors bouys (all first come first served) or the anchorage to the east of the bouys.
Apparently people have tried reserving the bouys by leaving tenders on them this weekend, like towels on a sunbed... The Griffin pub and the Yacht club almost certainly need tables booking though.
post Covid, Milford and Neyland marinas have never been busier berth wise
Yeah there was a tender tied to one of them all day Saturday. No sight of the mothership.