Sailing on Lake Como

Dave 71

Visit site
Going to Lake Como for a week in September. I did fancy renting a classic motor launch for a day, something with a kind of 'Talented Mr Ripley' vibe but you really would need to be the idle son of a multi millionaire or able to impersonate one to rent it, eye watering cost. I did see a few small day sailers for a much more reasonable sum, does anyone know if I would need ICC?

howardclark

Visit site
Sorry can’t answer your question directly but we go to Como a lot and it’s fairly standard to be sipping my Aperol watching someone try to sail a 20-30’ with absolutely no wind.
There seems to be a preponderance of calm days!
On another occasion have taken a hire motor boat, no wind over the majority of the lake but when we got to the top was blowing a hoolie!
I personally wouldn’t pay anything in advance unless you have a good forecast.
As is happens I’m off to Como tomorrow- if I see someone having a really good sail will post a retraction!

howardclark

Visit site
I’m beside the shores now and there’s a breeze! No guarantees for September though. You can rent motor boats with up to a 45hp engine with no experience! Not having done a lot on motor boats, 45 hp on a relatively small boat was a bit exciting. SWMBO lost her hat and won’t let me do it again.

Dave 71

Visit site
I’m beside the shores now and there’s a breeze! No guarantees for September though. You can rent motor boats with up to a 45hp engine with no experience! Not having done a lot on motor boats, 45 hp on a relatively small boat was a bit exciting. SWMBO lost her hat and won’t let me do it again.
Thanks for the info. Have a good holiday.