Sailing from Turkey to Greece

Visit site
Depends....

If you want the "Official" or the "90% likely" case in practice.

Officially you need a Transit Log (€30) which can only be purchased at a Port of Entry (Listed in Heikell)

In reality, unless the boat is Turkish flagged jou just might get asked by the odd Port Police officer to "take your papers to the Port Police please". Every day last week that this happened to me between Athens & Corfu, I arrived at the Port Police to find the office closed up and the officer gone home.

None of the delivery skippers employed by the charter companies have any trouble.

I would be careful though if it is a Turkish flagged boat.

Steve Cronin

<hr width=100% size=1>The above is, like any other post here, only a personal opinion

anderson

Visit site
when you arrive in greece you may be asked if the boat is v.a.t. paid,if you say yes, can you prove this. you will also have to buy a cruising permit/log.

<hr width=100% size=1>

MASH

N/A
Visit site
Highly likely for a monumental ripoff.

I recently visited Rhodes from Turkey on a very short visit and ended up paying 260Eu for a 40 minute stay in Mandraki harbour...

The agent was a thief who charged me for the illegal cruising permit (in EEC no permit required) and as the harbour office was closed he failed to give me the bloody certificate anyway. Upon querying this by E mail later he explained that charging me for the certificate but not providing one was perfectly honest as I would have had to pay for it if thre harbourmasters office had been open.

This appears to be the Greek take on honesty and buisness practice.

Kronos agency in Rhodos Mandraki. Thieves - avoid.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bayfly

Visit site
Can't let this one go by without comment! Don't know 'Kronos' agency, but I think you'll find that the 'illegal practice' starts further back than them. Try the Greek Authorities, who persist in applying this charge to other E.U. vessels!

<hr width=100% size=1>

davidbains

Visit site
Try noonsite.com or Imray for the latest info.
It depends what flag your boat is under.
Also the provincial officials may not understand the latest requirements themselves.
Try and get a transit log without a cruising permit and then maintain a low profile!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
Trying to get anything at the moment is a challenge.

We tried at Kalamaki Port Police who were aware that only the €30 Tr is now required but didn't have the forms. Tried again at Isthmia control (the canal) and same answer. Port Police at Galaxhidi came over and made an appointment to see us at 4.30 with the promise of a document but cleared off early and didn't return to the office at all that day. tried again in Vathi on Ithaca - didn't want to know. Similar in Levkas. Boat is now in Gouvia Marina on her annual berth so will try again there when i return next week. Greece innit?

Steve Cronin

<hr width=100% size=1>The above is, like any other post here, only a personal opinion

Katina

Visit site
We are hoping to buy a boat in Turkey (not VAT paid). Have you found any more 'concrete' info. about bringing it out of Turkey ? We have tried the Customs & Excise web site, which is helpful. It does seem that you have to pay the VAT on your first point of arrival in the EU. Paying VAT in Greece does seem a scarry prospect. There are very few circumstances where VAT will not be due when moving a boat out of Turkey.

<hr width=100% size=1>