RTI

bedouin

Visit site
I suppose that depends on your definition of "well" - we were pleased to finish 103rd in the ISC handicap

<hr width=100% size=1>

GeorgeP

Visit site
I had a disaster on Saturday! 475 in the ISC, due a very poor decision to go offshore after the Needles for the stronger tide. I've always done better before, ranging between 32 and 146. Better luck next year perhaps.

<hr width=100% size=1>

petery

Visit site
Know exactly what you mean.

We did exactly the same and - even though we were still 'racing' when we tacked out at Bembridge Ledge - a retired competitor with engine failure and worried about a lee shore - assumed we also had retired (we were so far behind the fleet!) and asked for a tow in!!

... which we gave.

<hr width=100% size=1>

banana

Visit site
missed the tide and gave it neck at the needles. had a nice sail anyway and was first in the shower and pub.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
Did it for the first time in a Feeling 850 with her skipper - came 293rd - did OK until St Catherines Pt - then lost the plot. Back next year on Aeolus to try and give Beduoin a run for his money (if we're lucky, that is /forums/images/icons/smile.gif).

Jeff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Chris_Stannard

Visit site
Congratulations to you all from the Communications guy at Culver Down. I got my legs badly sunburned to the amusement of SWMBO. I really felt for some of the guys at the back of the fleet who were caught by the wind backing and the tide turnign somewaht earlier than predicted. Hope you all had a good time and look forward to seeing you next year

<hr width=100% size=1>Chris Stannard

Jeremy_W

Visit site
If nobody claims a better result soon, I think that makes you ybw champ. How did your fare against the members of your (non-virtual) yacht club?

<hr width=100% size=1>

EdEssery

Visit site
Skybird
09:23:25 Elapsed; 09:10:27 Corrected
ISC Class F: 21st
White Start: 59th
ISC overall: 152

Beat the brother-in-law which is more important....

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
We were the top yacht on corrected time in ISC so should win some silverware - there were also a couple of club boats in the IRC, onw of which finished higher up IRC than we did in ISC, so was undoubtedly the best club boat on the day

<hr width=100% size=1>

maris

Visit site
Well done everyone, sounds like it was fun. How many boats were entered?
Im just trying to get an image of what sailing in the Solent must be like.
The last race I entered had fourteen entrants. I had to pull out, lost a clevis pin and had no spare. Did'nt want to trust a mild steel bolt.

<hr width=100% size=1>

GeorgeP

Visit site
I think I remember seeing that there were 1594 boats entered this year, in total. Perhaps a little over 700 of these were in the ISC. There are always a few did not starts. I don't know how many this year.

I didn't count them up, but there were quite a few that did not declare this year. The highest result I remember seeing in the ISC was in the low 600s.

The 5 times I have done the race they have started going west with the tide behind the fleet. Normally this is beating into the prevailing winds. This time it was a running start, with an easterly behind us. A lot less fractious this way. I've seen brand new boats with mangled pushpits before now.

<hr width=100% size=1>