Robos sinking feeling

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
See Here

Although Robos are not my favorites I read this with mixed feelings ok some could say serves them right but they do enjoy their sport and train hard for it My only gripe is their bad attitude and manners

Interesting though is why did the organisers let them start in bad conditions and also this incident does show how dangerous the tidal thames is we ALWAYS see solo Robos there with no safety equipment ie life preservers we have a 22 ft binnie but carry life jackets flares vhf etc because we are aware that the tidal river can be a very treachorous and dangerous environment

Doolittle

Visit site
I would say that there are good and bad amongst them in similar proportions as any walk o life. A chap we see regular as clockwork rowing from Burway (Laleham) came a serious cropper when a narrow boat well over the wrong side of the river turfed him out, dislocating his shoulder and badly damaging his boat with little more than an 'Oh dear' from the narrow boaters. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sammo

Visit site
I don`t think anything can be done without legislation …and there`s enough of that already…trouble is the small ones without a cox are very fast and with the rowers facing backwards haven’t a clue where they`re going……bit like reversing a car down a High Street at 20 mph and expecting everyone to get out of your way…..I`m amazed no one has been killed.

Ramage

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
a narrow boat well over the wrong side of the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh how unusual....

Rosie and Jim, Rosie and Jim etc

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Doolittle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why ? Did he mark the hull /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No but his scapula popped outa place and moved one of their fenders from the vertical position!

Forward view mirrors on the rowlock brackets has to be the way to go. Dragons den, here I come...