River Medway

KateB_C

Visit site
Hello

Does anyone have any great pubs/restaurants/places to visit they can recommend on the River Medway?

Kate B-C

G

Hi Kate I would also like answers to your questions as I've just moved down to Chatham Marina from non tidal
Thames. Of course on non tidal theirs lots of pubs where you can moor up for a couple of hours without
worrying about rising or falling tide. Question is what about the Medway?

"The Med is calling me"

G

I dont really know any but might after tommorow lunch as I am travelling to Chatham marina to try and repair one of the stragglers left behind from your mbm east coast cruise, ( Laura Lee Birchwood ts37, one knackered bmw).
Are you the girl on this months front cover?.

paul.

tr7v8

Visit site
I knew someone would ask about the front cover.
Resturants in Chatham/Rochester, Rendevous adjacent to Argos in Chatham, good chinese not very cheap do all you can eat for about £ 12 or a damn good lunch for between £ 4-7.
Conficicous <sp> another Chinese longer hike from the Marina only eaten in it once, seemed OK another all you can eat for £ 11-12.
There are a raft of every resturant imaginable (Chinese, Indian, Thai) in Chatham High St. opposite Anchorage House (tax office, hiss & boo!) area tried a few all seem to be variable depending almost who is cooking that night.
Rochester High St. has a good Italian which to my knowledge is the only one in the area. Finally the resturant just down from Chatham Maritime towards St. Mary's Island has had my neighbour raving about how good it is but no personal experience. It is only a stones throw though. LLet us know how you get on.

Jim
------

G

Yes but are there any floating pontoons around ????? for yer 3 hr lunch

"The Med is calling me"

tr7v8

Visit site
I believe that there are some short term moorings at the Pier although this is OK, I wouldn't want to leave anything unattended there for any length of time. Otherwise I am not sure.

Jim
-

dom

Visit site
Heres a list
Malta inn just above tidal lock at Allington, Beefeater, moor adjacent.
Maidstone and its facilities 1 or 2 miles further.
Stop at Cuxton Marina for the White Horse or Lion or something, 0.5 miles away.
Or the floating Rochester Queen at Port Medway next door. Both have pontoon moorings for +/- 2 to 3 hours HW.
The Inner Dowsing at Medway Bridge Marina, virtually full tidal access.
There is a pub near Chatham Marina, and one across the road from Gillingham Marina.
For others you need a dinghy.
Or The ship inn at Conyer quay, - short tidal access to pontoon but can stay over night.
Have fun.

syd

Visit site
Hiya Kate,
Before you reach the non tidal bit of the Medway spend a Saturday night at the Inner Dowsing Light Vessel at Medway Bridge Marina. Sharky runs the disco and Dianne serves the grub. Really good, lively, friendly night out. Trust me. takes a lot to get me bopping but me feet are still aching and me cheeks are still red! (face cheeks).
Cheers
Syd

ps. If your going, save me a dance?

alpha

Visit site
Hi Kate,

You might want to take a look at the old thread 'Medway - what Misery' before setting off. (Search under 'medway misery' and remember to re-set the date range to 6 months).

The good bits were good, the bad bits bad enough to put us off a return visit. My advice: be very security-conscious if you go, and book berths well in advance.

I've a feeling that I paid almost the annual fee, for only a month's licence, so that's another point to watch.

KateB_C

Visit site
Thanks very much for all your help. Watch out for forthcoming feature (it won't be very lengthy!)

Kate

p.s. No, unfortunately I'm not August's pin-up....

tr7v8

Visit site
Sooooo... spill the beans then Kate, who is?
I note no cover details in the contents list.

Jim
--------

squidge

Visit site
Try Chatham docks,sounds naff but its got a fantastic brand new marina,pub within staggering distance and a good supermarket/offlicence. enter marina,fron opp the castle ,through lock. also queensbrough is at the start of the medway with pubs and a frendly yacht club,pick up a swinging mooring and get the river taxi to take you ashore.Enjoy.!!

oldgit

Visit site
Do not forget the Walnut Tree in Yalding Village,about 20 mins from river.

And the weather for the weekend is...............