River Medway. Admiral of the Medway Cruise. 2023.

oldgit

Visit site
Post Covid.
The annual cruise of the river organised by Rochester Cruising Club (Est 1905) in conjunction with Medway Council (Est 1998) and the Rochester Oyster & Floating Fishery (Est 1729) will take place over the weekend of 1st & 2nd of July.
A beating of the bounds to confirm the existance of ROFF will involve a cruise up river on the Saturday to the western boundary of their juristiction at the Hawkwood Stone and quite possibly meeting up with the Mayors of Maidstone and Tonbridge and West Malling on their cruise down river from the non tidal Medway.
Our little flottila will then cruise back down to Rochester for " refreshments" and celebrations in the clubhouse.
On the Sunday , the cruise will head downstream for a wreath laying ceremony at HMS Bulwark before heading into The Swale and a lunchtime stop at Queenborough ATL for "refreshments" As we travel downstream we intend to salute all/any of the local boating /sailing clubs with our cannon. :)
It would appear that MYA have organised a club racing event on that day as well.
We hope to be joined by the RNLI and also given a display by one of the Svitzer tugs based at Sheerness.
The Historic Tug Kent will be going into Stangate to provide a mooring for those unable to go into Queenborough due to lack of space.
On departing Queenborough those taking part in the cruise will be returning to Rochester to take part in a sunset ceremony.
Hopefully we have around 30 + vessels taking part and the weather forecast is even looking good.
Admiral’s Cruise, 23+24 June 2018

Bei Facebook anmelden
All participants have been asked to take note of the exclusion zone near the gas terminal.
Peel Ports will get very grumpy indeed with transgressors, you have been warned.

Last edited:

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
I will take your salute as you drift past but accept no liability for any garden furniture or wheely bins you may encounter, I did find a dead sheep under the pontoon a few weeks ago, make sure you don't pop it if found.

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
I will take your salute as you drift past but accept no liability for any garden furniture or wheely bins you may encounter, I did find a dead sheep under the pontoon a few weeks ago, make sure you don't pop it if found.
Assume that you now have sufficient "mutton" to last for ages ?