Replacing fuel lines.

DanTribe

Visit site
I was having problems bleeding my Beta 20. There was some evidence of diesel bug so I've removed the plastic tank for cleaning and will replace filter and fuel pipes. Currently the fuel lines are copper with rubber connections, What recommendation for new lines, all copper, all flexible or combination?
I'm considering a new primary filter with a built in primer pump.

lustyd

Visit site
Beware of primer bulbs, they sound good in theory but are the most common failure in any given system. Three times they were the cause of failure on my old (outboard driven) boat and were a bugger to troubleshoot.

DanTribe

Visit site
Beware of primer bulbs, they sound good in theory but are the most common failure in any given system. Three times they were the cause of failure on my old (outboard driven) boat and were a bugger to troubleshoot.
Agreed. I fitted a bulb as a temporary measure when the problem started, but don't trust it and want to get rid of it. I'm thinking of the CAV type filter with a built in primer pump. Any experiences of these?

lustyd

Visit site
Sorry I misread, no I've no experience of those but certainly looks more robust

fisherman

Visit site
My fuel lines were hydraulic hose. The squeezy bulb on my campervan failed, just became brittle and split when I changed a filter and had to use it. I had to rob one off an outboard, but don't quite know where to find a high quality one.

Tranona

Visit site
All the new hoses on my re-engine project are Vetus flexible to ISO 7840 which is the standard required for the RCD. Left the original copper in place to the original (inaccessible) shut off valve and then switched to flexible with a new shut off valve close to the engine.