Renewing the new DEKPA

overstag

Visit site
Thought I'd start a new thread on this...

So, the problem seems to be that if you return more than 12 months after the date of your last stamp in the new DEKPA, it is invalidated and you need to go through the whole procedure again.
In my case, I got the DEKPA in Preveza on March 29. My boat will winter ashore in Preveza and I shall return next year in April. Too late for the 12 month stamp.

Today I learned from the harbour master in Zakynthos that they have thought of a procedure to tackle this.
He told me, that if my boat stays in Preveza, I can go to the port police in Preveza and tell them that I shall return more than 12 months after the last stamp, but my boat will be ashore in Preveza. The Port Police will then issue me a note with a certain number that I can show them again next year when I return for launching and they will then stamp my DEKPA again.

I don't know if they will back-date the stamp, or that you will get a new deadline in your DEKPA...
Just glad that they appear to have solved this issue...

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Thought I'd start a new thread on this...

So, the problem seems to be that if you return more than 12 months after the date of your last stamp in the new DEKPA, it is invalidated and you need to go through the whole procedure again.
In my case, I got the DEKPA in Preveza on March 29. My boat will winter ashore in Preveza and I shall return next year in April. Too late for the 12 month stamp.

Today I learned from the harbour master in Zakynthos that they have thought of a procedure to tackle this.
He told me, that if my boat stays in Preveza, I can go to the port police in Preveza and tell them that I shall return more than 12 months after the last stamp, but my boat will be ashore in Preveza. The Port Police will then issue me a note with a certain number that I can show them again next year when I return for launching and they will then stamp my DEKPA again.

I don't know if they will back-date the stamp, or that you will get a new deadline in your DEKPA...
Just glad that they appear to have solved this issue...

We in the same boat as you , so to speak , the only difference is we will be leaving Greece for the winter .
if we return next year I think I just buy a new DEKPA and be done with .
Although I might try and get mine stamp before we leave

Last edited:

TRUNDLETRUC

Visit site
We got our new DEKPA in Preveza on the 29th May having been to the PP for the forms the previous week. Filled them in as much as I could and collected almost everything on their list of documents. (I was told that the "Safety certificate" is for Italian boats only.) Went to the tourist office for the invoice and paid it at the bank opposite obtaining a receipt. You now have to do the photocopying yourself. The town plan they gave me had the photocopy shop in the wrong place.
Presented everything at the PP just after midday. Office was empty and two very nice ladies said I had come at the best time. Worst time is 10.30 in the morning when the buses come into town from the Marinas on the opposite side of the channel. Our boat is part owned by me and my two sons and the only problem was that they need the address and telephone numbers on the passport photocopies (signed by notary) I managed to find these on the iPhone and I was out of the office in 15 minutes.
I asked about the 12 months limit and one of the girls said come back just before we go home and they will stamp it for the next 12 months.
Happy with the service and a lot quicker than the 3 and half hours it took me to sign in at Barr, Montenegro last August. Wife thought I had had a heart-attack!