Renewing passport

Beneteau381

Visit site
After a near fiasco this summer trying to renew the wifes passport now it was my turn. First hurdle, the online application computer saying my photo was black and white, it wasnt! That i wasnt facing the cam, I was! 30 ish pix and the donning of a yellow polo shirt instead of a dark blue one, and the pic was accepted. Then posted it a week ago. EDIT: posted the old one to them as per instructions, the application was on line. Got the std emails with tracking info, checked this morning, nothing on line, then about ten mins ago a van pulled up and out popped Woijcek, we know each other after wifes fiasco! My passport! So only a week and my new one arrived! Unbelievable!

Last edited:

longjohnsilver

Visit site
After a near fiasco this summer trying to renew the wifes passport now it was my turn. First hurdle, the online application computer saying my photo was black and white, it wasnt! That i wasnt facing the cam, I was! 30 ish pix and the donning of a yellow polo shirt instead of a dark blue one, and the pic was accepted. Then posted it a week ago. Got the std emails with tracking info, checked this morning, nothing, then about ten mins ago A van pulled up and out popped Woijcek, we know each other after wifes fiasco! My passport! So only a week and My new one arrived! Unbelievable!
That’s good news, I need to do mine ASAP. I thought it would take months.

RupertW

Visit site
That’s good news, I need to do mine ASAP. I thought it would take months.
I’ve just had a similar experience - very fast indeed.

I had hoped never to have to renew it and just have an Irish one instead but their system is completely clogged up for new applications with post being stored but not opened for the foreseeable future.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Blue? Burgundy? Any references to the EU? or is it the real deal that we left the EU for?
Proper blue, Ive got all my old ones from my working overseas, the same very dark blue. I used to get mine renewed at the embassy in Luanda, they had old stock of dark blue so I had a dark blue one even after the UK was moved to burgundy.

GHA

Visit site
Proper blue, Ive got all my old ones from my working overseas, the same very dark blue. I used to get mine renewed at the embassy in Luanda, they had old stock of dark blue so I had a dark blue one even after the UK was moved to burgundy.
So nice colour(if you like blue) but useless if you want to go cruising in Europe for any length of time then ;) ;)

Star-Lord

Visit site
My photos were all refused till I went to a pro photographer. Got the extra pages one for all the Morocco and Tunisia and EU27 stamps every 90 days. May not last 10 years!

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Did mine about three years ago with my DSLR on a tripod, standing against the white living room wall as a backdrop.

Singlehanded, it took at least 40 attempts, and I remember it was hard to eliminate the shadow on the wall - I think I ended up holding a torch in my hands behind me, and I probably had to set a white point or adjust the levels in GIMP.

Having got a good pic I use www.idphoto4you.com and got 10 printed off at Jessops for pennies.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Did mine about three years ago with my DSLR on a tripod, standing against the white living room wall as a backdrop.

Singlehanded, it took at least 40 attempts, and I remember it was hard to eliminate the shadow on the wall - I think I ended up holding a torch in my hands behind me, and I probably had to set a white point or adjust the levels in GIMP.

Having got a good pic I use www.idphoto4you.com and got 10 printed off at Jessops for pennies.
Same thing for me, needed it digitally, did it online,