refrigerator automation 12 -220 volts

lask

Visit site
I recently built an electrical system that operates the boat's refrigerators with the port power of 220 volts. this happens automatically when I place the plug in the bock. when I remove the plug from 220 volts it automatically works from the service batteries. this way I avoid getting tired of the batteries. the current needed from 220 volts is 0.13 amp each refrigerator. How do you operate your refrigerator?

RupertW

Visit site
I recently built an electrical system that operates the boat's refrigerators with the port power of 220 volts. this happens automatically when I place the plug in the bock. when I remove the plug from 220 volts it automatically works from the service batteries. this way I avoid getting tired of the batteries. the current needed from 220 volts is 0.13 amp each refrigerator. How do you operate your refrigerator?
It is a 12v refrigerator that runs from the service batteries and as we have enough solar we never use a mains charger.

cherod

Visit site
Mine is same as your but i have switch to override if req , just what electromajicary is behind the pannels i dont know !!

srm

Visit site
Much the same as yours, it came that way with connections for 12v and 220v supplies. Automatically switches to 220v when its available.

paulajayne

Visit site
Relay and mains to 12volt transformer -
So when mains is available relay activates and switches off the 12volt boat supply and activates the transformer to continue the 12 volt supply to appliance.
Other safety circuits will also be embedded for overheat protection and fail to 12 volt boat supply, though I repaired one that on failing dropped all power to fridge.

Paulg25

Visit site
If the fridge has both 12v and 240v connections then, yes, just a relay. If 12v only then more is required, but not much!!

RupertW

Visit site
Thinking about this, I’m a little confused to the point of it. If you have your charger set to go on when connected to mains then why not leave the fridge permanently on 12v from the house bank?

srm

Visit site
Thinking about this, I’m a little confused to the point of it. If you have your charger set to go on when connected to mains then why not leave the fridge permanently on 12v from the house bank?
Belts and braces - its not unknown for electrical problems to occur in the damp and salty marine environment.
In my case I rarely use the charger in the marina as a sngle solar panel floats the battery and the rest of the boat's shorebased domestic circuits are 220 v .

lask

Visit site
Belts and braces - its not unknown for electrical problems to occur in the damp and salty marine environment.
In my case I rarely use the charger in the marina as a sngle solar panel floats the battery and the rest of the boat's shorebased domestic circuits are 220 v .
I never leave the 12 volt charger open because I almost never charge the boat batteries I do this from the sun with a 400watt solar panel. The refrigerators are permanently open I just convert the shore power 220 volt into a 12 volt battery that never runs out. I have done it automatically because I often go for a walk on the sea and I am at anchor for many days, I am afraid of forgetting it at 220 volts and my refrigerators will go out, so it only changes to 12 volts.

lask

Visit site
I never leave the battery charger open because it is dangerous if I open it out of necessity it will be as needed and I will close it immediately. There has been a lot of damage up to fire due to a fault in the 220 volt mains network of the port with the battery charger open (of course I have installed a system in the 220 volt mains of my boat to prevent this from happening)