Red / Green combined nav light ??

Refueler

Visit site
Anisette had a large stainless steel cased bow R-G nav light that was slipped over a 'tongue' - supposed to click and lock in place ... but on trip in rough seas - it was knocked off and is now at bottom of Baltic ....

Size was probably about 100mm tall, ~80mm wide, ~70 - 80mm depth ?

I'm having trouble trying to find similar sized replacement .. doesn't matter about the clip / tongue as I would prefer to drill the pulpit plate and fix permanent.

Can see here nestled under the L plate of step-thru pulpit ...

UyHvBS8.jpg

I found one (Osculati) but its still smaller ... the original was quite common years ago ... for larger boats ... but looking at chandlers online now - they all offer 75 x 65 x 55mm Hella / Lazilas / Isure ... too small ..

It has crossed my mind to put separate red / green small 75x65x55 lights together with LED bulbs in ... with a T plate to mount them .... that would give me good separation of colours and also a brighter light ... and cheaper of course !!

Refueler

Visit site
It looks the same as my aqua signal bi colour bow nav light.

Mine also clips on to a tang welded to my pulpit like yours

Mine failed to lock on to the tang...

The back plate of the light where the slot was - had a 'lever' that was supposed to lock the light on .. but it was just loose.

Aqua-Signal ... any chance of sizes or ID number so I can try find another ?? Would be shame to not replace with a locking one ..

AQ 40 ??

Last edited:

RunAgroundHard

Visit site

Martin_J

Visit site
Sounds very much like the old (now discontinued) AquaSignal series 40 bicolor light which did have a locking lever on the rear face..

Screenshot_20240917-103500_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240917-103520_Samsung Internet.jpg

The newer Series 41 is a similar size but will likely need the pulpit plate to be drilled and then bolted on.

Refueler

Visit site
You guys got it ... the AQ 40 .... that lever is a good idea - IF it worked !!

I am more than happy to drill and screw replacement .. as the locking Tang is removable - reverting the pulpit plate to flat ...

So AQ41 ... Googling !!

Seems like Aqua Signal may not be around anymore ??

Lets try WWE ..

Last edited:

paris

Visit site
I possibly might have a used one in my boat, I am sailing tomorrow so will have a look and bring it home

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Aquasignal make different "series" of lights - each series has its own design pattern / style.

IAuixME.jpeg

EyLJVv8.jpeg

If yours is a series 44 then I believe the series 43 is the LED replacement (much more expensive). But I think they make some similar-looking models. These were both current models last time I checked, a couple of years ago.

I think I have the full catalogue somewhere as a PDF if you can't find it. As you can see, it shows dimensions.

Refueler

Visit site
I possibly might have a used one in my boat, I am sailing tomorrow so will have a look and bring it home

Very interested ... let me know ... many thanks.

As 'back-up' I have asked Occulati reseller about the "Utility 78 12V Red – Green Navigation light. Osculati Code : 11:417:05"

They offered at 43 euros + shipping ... its of reasonable size and I think I can bolt in place.

Refueler

Visit site
Aquasignal make different "series" of lights - each series has its own design pattern / style.

IAuixME.jpeg

EyLJVv8.jpeg

If yours is a series 44 then I believe the series 43 is the LED replacement (much more expensive). But I think they make some similar-looking models. These were both current models last time I checked, a couple of years ago.

I think I have the full catalogue somewhere as a PDF if you can't find it. As you can see, it shows dimensions.

I have looked online at the various models they have - but it appears that AQ are no longer available ....

rogerthebodger

Visit site
OK .. but all I got was a web page to download a PDF catalogue ..
If you download the pdf catalogue at the end of the catalogue it gives address E Mail address and phone numbers, contact person

I know you have contacts in the far east so they could help

I got mine nav lights and other parts form my local chandler that why I recommend to try to fin a local to you supplier

Detainl from my 2024 catalogue

AAA WORLD-WIDE ENTERPRISES LTD.
5th Fl., Modern Plaza, No.
183 Chung-Hsiao E. Rd,
Sec.4, Taipei,
Taiwan Zip code: 106076
TEL: 886-2-2752-7461
FAX: 886-2-2752-0553 886-2-2731-9530
E-Mail: carol@aaaworld-wide.com

st599

Visit site
I found one (Osculati) but its still smaller ... the original was quite common years ago ... for larger boats ... but looking at chandlers online now - they all offer 75 x 65 x 55mm Hella / Lazilas / Isure ... too small ..
How long is the boat - the use of a combined sidelight restricted in COLREGS to certain size boats?

rogerthebodger

Visit site
How long is the boat - the use of a combined sidelight restricted in COLREGS to certain size boats?
The one I posted to Refuler is the same one I use on my 15 meters sailboat, and I don't think Refulers boat is much longer than mine

The supplier confirms its suitable for 20-meter boats