Red diesel 16p per litre - in France!

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
I met someone over the weekend who told me that they fill up on red diesel at 16p per litre in France - they only supply non-French boats with it at this price.

Is this true?

<hr width=100% size=1>Paul

robind

Visit site
I believe so! a friend of mine told me that he filled up his boat, after a long walk, with red diesel, at a "Roadside fuel station" and they stuck 500 litres in his tanks by can, and man handled them with the use of a van for no extra charge. (He obviously gave them a tip) he quoted about that amount for the red, and that they told him he wouldnt be able to get it if he was french. This was in rural france I believe.
Regards
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>

jkim1

Visit site
Its only registered fishing boats that can fill up with red diesel in France. I believe that only UK and Belgium are allowed to run on red diesel in pleasure boats. If the French catch you with cherryaid in your boat tank that you bought in France you are in DS1.
The best thing to do is to Take to France a load of empty containers, with enough red in to top up your boat tanks completely. Then fill the empty containers with French boat diesel (clear). take your boat home and fill your car up. That way you will save a fortune on your car diesel.