Record Result! SoL Round Britain in 13hours!

tcm

Visit site
I would like to announce that I have just completed an around Britain record of almost 1400 miles in under 13 hours at an average speed of over 110 knots. Hoorah!

Unlike the other so-called records, mine was entirely safe, very economical and an unmitigated success. You might like to compare this with EVERY SINGLE OTHER attempt and see how theirs were often under-funded and downright dangerous : they never carried out a full run-through of their venture beforehand.

My RYA-approved method required considerable anticipation of the unknown, and its superiority is confirmed by my having followed the course perfectly, leading to a totally successful outcome.

I have based my success on the Day Skipper, Coastal skipper, Yachtmaster and other RYA courses. This continues a 100% perfect record of safe and successful outcomes for every single passage plan that has ever been made, even by complete novices. These have never involved any mechanical breakdowns or problems, always arrive at the chosen destination with near-perfect accuracy, and my trip was no different.

After all the bad news of British sport in the last few weeks, this is exactly the news we all wanted. It throws down the gauntlet of record breaking, and takes it to the new level and delivers a good story, a triumphant result and a happy ending.

You have asked me about other record attempts, and I should say that the elaborate lengths to which they have gone to "prove" their results by putting up gradually-unfolding website stories seems somewhat suspicious. It seems rather easy to drive eastwards in a boat from Gibraltar, and return from the west a month or so later in the same or similar boat, hmm? In any event, that approach has consistently and disappointingly failed almost every time.

Happily, there are no such lingering doubts whasoever about this new record.

I should like to pay tribute to the support, the vision and the imagination of the entire crew, sponsors and spectators, without whom records such as this would simply not be possible.

Gerry

www.gerryantics.blogspot.com
Such a shame you've missed the ballooning circumnavigation record, but from the tone of your report I feel you could know Steve Fossett quite well.............!
So whats next in this glorious search for personal achievement? Kite surfing the length of the Thames,singled handed clad in neon lycra, the imagination runs riot!

lanason

Visit site
So that must be it - He needs a "beer that refreshes the parts that others cant !!!!!!!!!!

Shame beer goes in the mouth and then goes DOWN rather than UP.

Adrian

Any jobs going ??

stamfordian

Visit site
Drink enough it does go up,cycle of beer:-
up:into mouth
down:into gut
if too much :-up into mouth
down:into pan
if not enough:
down into pan...processed
if totally slossed:
down onto floor missed mouth if dead unlucky over keyboard.

andyball

Visit site
comparing the spirit of lunacy with that other lot just isn't fair....it's like trying to compare Kendo Nagasaki & Giant Haystacks without allowing salt or samurai swords in the ring.

DepSol

Visit site
NO I disagree Matt should be allowed to carry on his Jibe with SOC but must stick some more cash in the pot as he has used up his first £25 worth! ;-)

Dom

I just want my boat back in the water ;-(

BarryD

Visit site
HURAH! Another first...

Now was this planned between the 6th or the 7th pint of giggle juice? Personally I still think that refueling from a helicopter is the way to go - stuff the rules they can be re-written to suit the winner. After all History favours the victors etc...

So you unscrew this, and put it safely here, then oopps...
All - IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI

tcm

Visit site
Re: aw! SoC website

Twas only in jest! I honestly wish them all the best, really and truly!

And I'm following their website with no nastiness at all. In fact, I'm getting completely into it. Especially the headlines that CT uses. Perhaps we can guess what will come soon?

Florida's jolly good fellow
Azure Azores
For A Few Rollers More
Homeward Bound
Gibraltar Bound
Sometimes Say Never Again
Have you got the price of a cup of tea?
Big Issue!

I'll get e-biffed for this...

wakeup

Visit site
Re: aw! SoC website

Glad to hear it was only in jest tcm......although I think I am becoming overly sensitive, what being Welsh un all!!!

The people of Cardiff are a bit anxious about these guys gettting back in one piece. The last time the City of Cardiff ( and the South Wales Echo) sponsored an event like this it was Captain Scott's ill faited expedition. Not alot of people know that the City of Cardiff paid for the expedition and provided the coal for his ship. Scott sailed from Cardiff so we are anxious not to have a zero out of two result!!

yada yada..<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by wakeup on 08/07/2002 16:01 (server time).</FONT></P>