Recommended Gel Coat Repairers in the Chichester Area ?

HappyHurley

Visit site
We've been to view a new-ish AWB, we like the boat, but there's significant gel coat damage - she's taken a couple of hard knocks to the stem and there's a ~30cm gouge out of the port side. I'd like to get at least an estimate of the likely cost before making an offer.

Which companies do the esteemed members recommend ?

[I have a approximate repair cost of £3,000 in my mind. Any thoughts on whether this is wildly inaccurate in either direction ?]

1723297287556.png

1723297329491.png

1723297389067.png

Trident

Visit site
It is difficult to asses from photos as until one grinds off the gelcoat its impossible to know if any GRP below is fractured

Assuming that its not then all are quite easy repairs (I did this for a living by the way) and I'd estimate £1000 for the lot - if there was damage to the substrate then more to grind that out first and repair and then gelcoat over the top

I don't have all my equipment any more to colour match perfectly but if you're happy with an "invisible from 2 feet away) sort of colour then by all means drop me a PM . I'm in Chi Marina for a few months so am happy to help out at a "retired" rate .

If you want it completely invisible and don't mind the cost then Mike Hulse is the man to ask (Hulse Marine Services , Southampton but he will travel to Chi)

HappyHurley

Visit site
As an update, it emerged that a previous potential buyer had a photo based estimate from a well know Hamble based repairer earlier this year for ~£2,000 + VAT. Obviously more if as @Trident says, what they find in reality is worse.

ash720

Visit site
I've used Kevin Horn at Birdham. Similar repair after storm damage - I can't actually tell where the repair was done now. I can't advise on price as it was lumped in with another job.