Recommendations on Re-engine options on Sunseeker S20 Project

aquaholic

Visit site
In the process of buying an S20 as a project, currently comes with no engine, drive or shield. Considering what the options are, buying from new a complete setup but obviously very expensive as will be looking at a 4.3lt plus leg and shield etc, wondering if anyone knows of a firm that may sell decent recon engines (not just new filters and paint)?

dpb

Visit site
You would probably be able to complete the project using second hand or recon components.........but what about a conversion to outboard?

aquaholic

Visit site
You would probably be able to complete the project using second hand or recon components.........but what about a conversion to outboard?

I have considered it but dont seem to have much luck finding a ready fabricated bracket to take such a large outboard.

dpb

Visit site
I don't think you will but I have seen various efforts over the years....some very good....others not so.
Would be interesting to discuss options with a metal fabricator.

scottie

Visit site
Easy for me to say it as I am not paying but would a major change not spoil the ethos of restoration or do you say I have a hull how do I fit it out?

aquaholic

Visit site
Easy for me to say it as I am not paying but would a major change not spoil the ethos of restoration or do you say I have a hull how do I fit it out?

I have pretty much discounted the outboard conversion for this reason, however not sure I would find an original AQ170 in good enough condition for the job.

aquaholic

Visit site
I have managed to get the daughter and son in law involved as he has good carpentry and painting skills, I have said is that i will arrange the engine once we are at that stage and advise on paints etc.