Recommendation for surveyor in Clyde / Bute area

neptis

Visit site
I'm considering purchase of a 70's / 80's yacht currently located in the Bute area. Looks fine to me but will need an experienced eye cast over it and possibly a report for insurance purposes. Can anyone suggest a Marine Surveyor from the area?

Alistairr

Visit site
I'm considering purchase of a 70's / 80's yacht currently located in the Bute area. Looks fine to me but will need an experienced eye cast over it and possibly a report for insurance purposes. Can anyone suggest a Marine Surveyor from the area?
Neptis, I’m now looking for a surveyor in the Largs area, who did you go with and did it all work out okay?

Cheers.

ylop

Visit site
I’d give: Welcome To MW Marine Surveys a shout, seemed to be a good mix of sensible and pragmatic. I have the two previous surveys of the boat he did for me before purchase and some of the issues raised (and then ignored by the buyers) seemed to be nit picking. A couple of things Mathew pointed out will have been that way since it was built and don’t appear in either of the previous surveys - neither were urgent fixes but both will increase the life of the boat it dealt with cheaply now.

Alistairr

Visit site
I’d give: Welcome To MW Marine Surveys a shout, seemed to be a good mix of sensible and pragmatic. I have the two previous surveys of the boat he did for me before purchase and some of the issues raised (and then ignored by the buyers) seemed to be nit picking. A couple of things Mathew pointed out will have been that way since it was built and don’t appear in either of the previous surveys - neither were urgent fixes but both will increase the life of the boat it dealt with cheaply now.
I phoned DC MArine, and he recommended MW Marine Surveys, so he’s booked to do ours on the 6th May. 🤞