Rechroming winches

DoubleEnder

Visit site
I just had a pair of old Gibb winches rechromed, by a little firm in Luton. Cracking job, personal service, decent price I think. No connection, just a happy client.

The winches are off my 'classic' sailingboat but I figure there's a bigger audience here. If anyone wants details PM please

Graham

johnalison

Visit site
A friend of ours had a couple of Lewmar winches re-chromed last year locally. Although he was pleased with the job, they had ground off the textured part of the drum, which has put me off wanting to have mine done, should that ever be necessary.

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com
A friend of ours had a couple of Lewmar winches re-chromed last year locally. Although he was pleased with the job, they had ground off the textured part of the drum, which has put me off wanting to have mine done, should that ever be necessary.
From what Graham PM'd to me, his were bead blasted, not ground.

The man, whose business it is, is a yachtsman so probably knows what is required.

Topcat47

Visit site
I had mine done by a firm in Surrey. They were not partiularly familiar with the problems asociated with sailboats, but once advised, did a good job at a sensible price. The boss said it was a nice change from all the jobs for classic car buffs they usually got.