reasonable priced boat yard in southern italy?

homer

Visit site
We are currently in Licata, Sicily and are looking for somewhere for a spring clean haul out that will not break the bank. Ideally, this means we can live aboard when on the hard and are allowed to work on the boat ourselves. Crotone looks like a possibility but if anyone has a recent update that would be most welcome. Or, indeed, any other recommendations within a few days sailing.

santelmo

Visit site
I can recommend the yard at Crotone. Our boat is there now and has been for the winter. His rates are good and you can stay on the boat and do work yourself. His lifting and launching is done skillfully and professionally. Elio speaks good English but is not good at email so best to phone him. You may have to take a berth in the south harbour first (we paid 35 euros per night) and then walk round to see him in the north harbour and arrange the lift time.

Takamoana

Visit site
Takamoana has been on the hard in Arbatax this winter, there are several yards to choose from and 2 travel lifts. Whilst the facilities are basic, we were welcome to stay onboard and do any work ourselves. Little English spoken but google translate has worked for us. Umberto is the manager and contacted at: reiultasrl@gmail.com

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We are currently in Licata, Sicily and are looking for somewhere for a spring clean haul out that will not break the bank. Ideally, this means we can live aboard when on the hard and are allowed to work on the boat ourselves. Crotone looks like a possibility but if anyone has a recent update that would be most welcome. Or, indeed, any other recommendations within a few days sailing.
Homer . Which way are you heading ?.
if like many others Greece then the yards in Pervza are all ok with lift out and in plus PW , around 400 for 12 mts , euro , if you feel you need to get lifted out local ( Licata most likely ) has long as your draft is no more then two meters there a yard in Sirucusa PM me if you need details and I will find them for you . Crontone , fine but depending when you get there you might have a bit of a wait there at less six from here on Ragusa going there and May leave there yacht there over winter .
If I may suggest , have a quick look at your prop if you can dive under and a quick clean , you be suprise what grown while you have been there , we know boat that have been unable to move in the spring 2014 .

Last edited:

Hardmy

Visit site
Did you also consider Apulia which may still be within your reach?

I was at Cantiere Viro Mare in Monopoli, and can recommend them. Of course they let you working on the boat.

Besides the yard, Monopoli as such is a lovely place with local life all year around. It's also conveniently placed between Bari and Brindisi airports which offer lots of low costs flights to whole Europe.

I posted a couple of pictures of this yard in the mobo (on the dark side :) forum.