Re: Jeanneau 43DS Heater position

Sailfree

Has anyone had the heater fitted as a factory fit option? If so where did
they fit it. Boat currently being commissioned and the dealer has fitted
it into one of the cockpit lockers thereby looosing it for other uses. As
the boat has to be UK MCA Charter coded I am running out of spaces to fit
a 8 man valais liferaft (4 man one already mounted on pushpit) and a dinghy.
Is there room in the stern anywhere to fit the heater internally?

Thanks
Roger

FullCircle

In my SO35, they messed up the port cockpit locker with ridiculous untreated teak faced ply boxing which looks like a five year old did it. I am having the Webasto folk over to rejig it to give me back the space. In my opinion, it is the worst designed feature available in the Jeanneau range, and it makes me mad. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
They had loads of room to play with but have effectively halved the main cockpit locker space. If I were you I would ask them to show you where it fits on another one, then you can go bonkers at them before delivery. My face was a picture when the dealer opened up the cockpit locker for the first time. I nearly choked. Not his fault of course. The other problem is that apparently the UK Webasto engineers are busy until 2009 or somesuch. If the thing wasn't under warranty, I'd rip it out and start again. And they didn't give me the outlet in the wet locker that I asked for. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I will sort that one myself.

Sailfree

Yes a quick inspection showed a boxing in that a 5 year old could have done. On mine they are painting it white but it still losing the port locker. I was annoyed in the first place as I ordered it as a factory fitted option off the jeanneau price list but the dealer "decided" to do certain items themselves.

tcm

Don't accept this.

The dealers charge factory fit options, but then buy cheaper and mankier gear themselves, often fittted inthe wrong places - stuf like this should be low down in the boat. It's not acceptable to lose a cockpit locker imho.

Aja

Not the same boat I admit - and dont know the layout - but I fitted my Webasto myself under the quarterberth. With suitable entry and exit holes for air intake and exaust it keeps it well out the way doesn't impinge on cockpit locker storage and wont get wet.

Donald