RCC Xmas Cruise.

oldgit

Visit site
Our Xmas cruise next weekend , skippers meeting on Friday to consider weather and waypoints, good chance that of the 90 boats on our mooring an entire half dozen might brave the elements and the challenges of a overnight in Chatham MDL marina.
One ex Thames boater will be coming round by car for the evening ,the excuse being that " is washing his net curtains" or something similar.
Next cruise on New Years Day 2024.
1700566480693.png

Last edited:

Parabordi

Visit site
One ex Thames boater will be coming round by car for the evening ,the excuse being that " is washing his net curtains" or something similar.
Oooh that would be me, just received the new Vetus Wiper Motors to fit this weekend. I haven't got net curtains but might be able to lay my hands on a Doily or two.

oldgit

Visit site
35 minutes? :)
We needed to go slow enough for the Broom owners to keep up, they tend to get bit panicky when the boat in front gets too far ahead, probably a pint of fuel could be saved as well ?
Cracking morning down here, best described as brisk and bracing.
The wife has finally surfaced.
Lost two boats due to "snuffles and sniffles" , such are the tribulations and trials of high command.
Hopefully we have sufficient heaters and alcohol to last the weekend.

Last edited:

Northern Star

Visit site
We used to enjoy our Xmas days at Hampton Court palace but the EA seems to have pretty much closed the river down over the past few years and now Chertsey lock is closed and the Red boards are now up for six months of the year. Just got a demand for my £820 river useage tax too.

Parabordi

Visit site
We used to enjoy our Xmas days at Hampton Court palace but the EA seems to have pretty much closed the river down over the past few years and now Chertsey lock is closed and the Red boards are now up for six months of the year. Just got a demand for my £820 river useage tax too.
Just do what every one else is doing, take names off the boat and don't pay.

oldgit

Visit site
Weekend turned out crisp and clear.
Overnight in MDL £60 with power.
To make it a proper cruise managed to lose my "best" sunglasses over the side.
Really nice to be able to sit on your boat and have somebody do all the work of operating the lock for you, must be really great to enjoy this all the time....Oooo hang on a mo ;)

All pix courtesy of Rob and Claire on "DIZZY"
The crew.

The skipper can only do 6 jobs at once and it was bit nippy out there.
Have found provided you give them back to their parents with no visible damage, you are allowed to employ them again .

Last edited: