Raymarine ST 2000

Geoff A

Visit site
MY new to me boat. It has a Raymarine ST 2000 That is not working. I was told by the previous owner they had it apart, after seeing some of the components with a green covering they put it back together. I would like someone who knows what they are doing to give me an opinion as to weather it is worth repairing. I plugged it in today and it gave off something like a warning sound. Where is the best place to take it. I am based in Lowestoft. Any where Essex, Suffolk or Norfolk would be handy for me. As an after thought what other makes are out there apart from the usual big two.

Channel Sailor

Visit site
If it is a ST2000 Plus and you do want a tiller pilot working on the yacht, then I suggest a fixed price repair with Raymarine. You book the job online with them for parcel pick up. I think they repair it or replace it. Then then post it back to you. If it is an older model then maybe they will not offer the fixed price repair, not sure but it will say so online. Not cheap, but it a yachty part and it probably has very low sales volumes.

The fiddly part is finding a box and padding to post it in.