Raymarine Service 5*

G

Raymarine scores top marks again for service. The GPS failed to power up at the weekend. My colleague took the unit into Raymarine at Portsmouth who identified a blown board and replaced it all within 25 minutes.

Also worth mentioning are 2 of their dealers.
A.W. Marine scores null points. They are the local dealer to me in Gosport but were totally disinterested. My colleague also tried A.W.Marine. They promised to call him back but never did.

Marine Electronics Installations at Port Solent score top marks. In the end I didn't use them but they were very helpful and would take the unit in on my behalf without any qualms.

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
We agree

Our new radar gyrocompass gave problems when first installed by me. Raymarine's support was excellent, they gave me a lot of very helpful advice by phone and e-mail on fault finding. When this failed to find the fault they dispatched a replacement without even arranging for the old one to be returned. I then found that the fault was mine as I had misunderstood a non-Raymarine switch. They did not even charge me for postage.

A big contrast with my B&G and Compass experience.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Dave_Knowles

Visit site
Re: We agree

I agree completely. Having had problems with my Autopilot I sent it to Raymarine for checking. They put in a new board - Charge nothing.

Unfortunately it still seemed to be a problem so I took the head down to them and while I waited they put in another board and a new flux gate compass. Once again no charge. On handing it back they said if I had any more problems please contact them and they would send someone to the boat to check it out.

Thankyou Raymarine it is so unusual to get this service these days.

<hr width=100% size=1>Take care.

Dave

Dave Knowles
Southampton - UK

http://www.MyCleopatra.co.uk

Moose

Visit site
Re: We agree

I agree as well, while setting up my new wind gauge and getting all the parts they have been superb (well so SWMBO and No1 Moose tell me) Going out of there way to get the cheapest soloution for us. Plus you get to play with all the nice new colour radars e.t.c in their demo room/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
moosewalk.gif

El Alce

petery

Visit site
Disagree

Burnt out two ST40 instruments by foolishly leading an unshielded HF aerial lead with 150 watts within a foot of them.

Returned for repair, owning up it was my fault, as they were under warranty.

Got back a really useful diagnosis 'Failed to power up' - but I told them that in my letter - and got quoted a repair cost higher than I could buy replacement instruments from Yachtbits. Yachtbits got the business.

<hr width=100% size=1>

themount2

Visit site
Re: Disagree

Be interested to know what Yachbits do when you "foolishly burn out" their units and admit to it. Let's wait and see??
Brian

<hr width=100% size=1>