Raymarine E120 widescreen

dj43

Visit site
Hi all my E120 widescreen has a bad screen flicker, if I reduce the brightness it reduces the flicker, ( not tried for any length of time) checked connections all seen ok,

instruction booklet, mentions perform factory reset, software mismatch upgrade required, anyone had similar experience and is there a fix

Thanks for any advice

Seastoke

Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset , but if you need a software upgrade , you can pay raymarine. £80 for a card . I put my problem about my e120 on pbo forum and a forumite sent me a card I used it and sent back , just for the price of post . Ere is more people to answer your query . Good luck. Ps mine working perfect again.

kashurst

Visit site
Sounds like the back light is on the way out. It is a series of cold cathode flouresent tubes powered from a high voltage converter inside the E120.
I believe it is no longer possibe to get parts. However a few people on here replaced the tubes with led strips which works well in the E120.

DrSpock

Visit site
It isn't an E120 but an E120w which doesn't use CCFTs. The unit is failing and a factory reset or software upgrade isn't going to help. You would need a replacement screen or power module from another unit to repair it.