Raymarine / Custom made Carbon Fibre items

adam1759

Visit site
Hi all

A friend who is a member of this forum directed me here. I am building a Carbon Fibre development and distribution company and he has suggested that Raymarine instruments (ST60/60Plus) may be popular items on a lot of your boats? I believe I could reproduce the covers and/or fascias in Carbon Fibre if there was enough interest. I would welcome any feedback?

I am also exploring ideas such as replacement gauge consoles,shrouds for Plastimo bearing compasses, forced air funnels etc so again any feedback would be very welcome.

Please note this isn't a tout for business, I'm just trying to gauge different markets.

Thank you
Adam

Last edited:

sailorman

Visit site
Hi all

A friend who is a member of this forum directed me here. I am building a Carbon Fibre development and distribution company and he has suggested that Raymarine instruments (ST60/60Plus) may be popular items on a lot of your boats? I believe I could reproduce the covers and/or fascias in Carbon Fibre if there was enough interest. I would welcome any feedback?

I am also exploring ideas such as replacement gauge consoles,shrouds for Plastimo bearing compasses, forced air funnels etc so again any feedback would be very welcome.

Please note this isn't a tout for business, I'm just trying to gauge different markets.

Thank you
Adam

Hi Adam
that sounds like a plan.
i would suggest you use the PM ( private message ) system rather than post a phone No & get spam

adam1759

Visit site
Thanks Sailorman. Number removed, I'm too open sometimes! If anybody would like to PM me (as suggested) then please feel free to.

Adam

adam1759

Visit site
Thanks Morgana, I did post something similar over there but not gathered much interest - yet. I guess if there is a market people will let me know

Guitarrich

www.richandrews.co.uk
Carbon Fibre / Instruments

How about bespoke panels - eg above my companionway hatch I have an array of five ST60s. I set them (in a row) into a rectangular piece of smoked acrylic. A carbon fibre version might prove popular.

But, but, if you could produce nav-pod type enclosures for somewhat less than the established guys, who make them in white fibreglass, then you might get plenty of interest - especially among the lightweight racers.

adam1759

Visit site
How about bespoke panels - eg above my companionway hatch I have an array of five ST60s. I set them (in a row) into a rectangular piece of smoked acrylic. A carbon fibre version might prove popular.

But, but, if you could produce nav-pod type enclosures for somewhat less than the established guys, who make them in white fibreglass, then you might get plenty of interest - especially among the lightweight racers.

Bespoke panels are completely possible, and I can start the production run for these very soon. I can get pieces with blue, red, silver accents to the CF if necessary.

Nav-pod's are also very do-able, I was discussing this with my sailing friend today. I will get his to use for a quote from my supplier, after seeing pictures of his white one I would love to get my own CF version onto the market.

Hopefully there will be more people post up with some ideas or to support those already raised.

gshaw

Visit site
There is a BIG interest in waterproof (IP 67?) sunlight readable computer monitors. 7" to 19".

A lot of folks are running computers for nav and planning etc that would like the screen at the helm. There is NO reasonable priced sunlight readable waterproof VGA screen in the market place.

There are many sunlight readable screen available in open frame configuration if there was a way of mounting them in an enclosure that would provide waterproofing. A carbon case with a clear flexible screen or anti reflective glass? The plastic screen used in the like of H2O audio cases. Touchscreen possible or wireless keyboard.

The enclosure would also have to have watertight cable glands fitted.

Would allow the raft of PC based nav packages to be used outside the cabin.

Heckler

Visit site
Hi all

Thank you
Adam

Hi Adam
that sounds like a plan.
i would suggest you use the PM ( private message ) system rather than post a phone No & get spam
As a councillor, my name, email address, home phone number, mobile and council mobile number were plastered all over the place,
Wasnt a prob except for a cowardly forum member who sent me a text calling me a prat, from his computer (cowardly because he doesnt give any details himself) so I couldnt reply direct.
Stu
PS
Navman type pods at a reasonable price.

adam1759

Visit site
There is a BIG interest in waterproof (IP 67?) sunlight readable computer monitors. 7" to 19".

A lot of folks are running computers for nav and planning etc that would like the screen at the helm. There is NO reasonable priced sunlight readable waterproof VGA screen in the market place.

There are many sunlight readable screen available in open frame configuration if there was a way of mounting them in an enclosure that would provide waterproofing. A carbon case with a clear flexible screen or anti reflective glass? The plastic screen used in the like of H2O audio cases. Touchscreen possible or wireless keyboard.

The enclosure would also have to have watertight cable glands fitted.

Would allow the raft of PC based nav packages to be used outside the cabin.

gshaw

OK, that's a project for me to look into. Thanks for the steer.