Raymarine compatability

harvey38

Visit site
Morning all,

I'm in the process of upgrading the instrument console aboard Tolerance and having put pretty all tank/engine data onto MFDS, the current ST7000 autopilot head looks so out of place on the new console. so I'm looking for an alternative head unit that does not look like something from the 80's.

The course computer is an Autohelm Type 100 that uses Seatalk, there is an ST7000 head at the lower helm and a Raymarine ST2002 head on the upper helm. There is a Seatalk cable coming from the computer going to an STng converter that I assume puts very limited data (but no control) onto the MFDs.

Ideally I'd like a P70 control head unit but I cannot see that being backwards compatible with the computer, another option maybe to replace the ST7000 with a second ST2002 but the connections are very different.

Any constructive options, alternatives, advice would be very much appreciated.

Rob

PaulRainbow

Visit site
The P70 is designed to work with Seatalk or STNG. Using a converter cable (A06047 SeaTalk Adapter Cable), such as the one you have going to the plotter, should work.

See : P70

harvey38

Visit site
The P70 is designed to work with Seatalk or STNG. Using a converter cable (A06047 SeaTalk Adapter Cable), such as the one you have going to the plotter, should work.

See : P70
Hi Paul, thanks for your input, pardon the pun.

I've trawled the website trying to be 100% sure before buying and found this description that does not include the Type 100 computer- Can the p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Heads be used with older autopilots?

I'd appreciate your thoughts as I have no idea........

Worst case scenario is to locate another ST2002 😒

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Hi Paul, thanks for your input, pardon the pun.

I've trawled the website trying to be 100% sure before buying and found this description that does not include the Type 100 computer- Can the p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS Autopilot Control Heads be used with older autopilots?

I'd appreciate your thoughts as I have no idea........
Looks like that's not going to work then.
Worst case scenario is to locate another ST2002 😒
Sure that's the correct model number ?