Rats!!

PabloPicasso

Visit site
My tender was stored in a garage over winter and rats have chewed about 5 holes.

The worst is next to the rollock fitting. Another bad one is in the inflatable floor. See pics.

Is this repairable?

Can the rollock fitting be removed? How?

Or is this for the skip?
img_20240615_195108-jpg.178564

IMG_20240615_195016.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240615_195108.jpg
    IMG_20240615_195108.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 401

neil_s

Visit site
Have a look at the Polymarine website, has lots of useful advise - they can provide repair patches and adhesive. I would suggest your rowlock hole could be patched from the inside - a bit like replacing a valve. I have repaired similar damage to both PVC and Hypalon boats. If you take care and make sure everything is cleaned and prepared properly, these repairs are permanent.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Have a look at the Polymarine website, has lots of useful advise - they can provide repair patches and adhesive. I would suggest your rowlock hole could be patched from the inside - a bit like replacing a valve. I have repaired similar damage to both PVC and Hypalon boats. If you take care and make sure everything is cleaned and prepared properly, these repairs are permanent.
I'll have a look at that polymarine.

Refueler

Visit site
My Avon looks like a tapestry quilt on the bottom ... some patches are large enough - that I made sure I patched under and on top - sandwiching the original surrounding material.

I would do similar to the 'tubes' .... patch glued carefully on inside - then patch on outside to lock all ...

Alicatt

Visit site
Had the same thing happen to my first round swimming pool after our dog died, we had an invasion of rats in the garage, they chewed through the pool and made nests inside the folds, we had that pool for about 10 years but had to chuck it eventually it was more patch than pool!
Getting a cat got rid of the rats, I have seen no trace of them since the ginger menace arrived :)
Now we have a larger pool that stays up all year round, so far it has been up for about 5 years, this year the pool has not been used yet and we are past half June weather has been so bad.

Refueler

Visit site
Budget PVC inflatable..... ?
Repair more time and expense than its worth ?

Fine - I would agree apart from one thing .... having both - I see clearly one as long term and able to resist stony beaches etc - while other is less 'durable' ...

Usually I don't agree price is indicator of value / quality ... but here I do ..

IMHO