Radio checks on a channel other than 16

G

To avoid some of the coastguard's non-important VHF radio traffic why don't we have a channel mainly dedicated to radio checks or simply ask "anyone" for a check?

Why do many people fail to offer the courtesy of "thank you" to the coastguards after a radio check?

G

If you have paid out the excessive berthing fees to a UK marina, check your radio out on ch80 with them.

G

You could always do as Chris Tarrent might say, - Call a friend. There is no need to call the CG every time.

G

" Thank you" is unnecessary use of words which should be kept absolute minimum on 16. " Thank you" is even frowned upon within the CG service. Speaking as an ex. CG. It took quite a while for me to forget all my Mum's training in always saying thank you.

G

One of the bigest waste of channel 16 is th CG themselves droning on for about 10 minutes just to anounce that weather information is coming up on another channel.Why dont they keep it short and sweet as the times of weather broadcasts can be looked up in any almanac .People constantly calling up CG for radio checks ought to be sent a bill .I bet they dont call someone on their mobile phone every day just to check it still works.