Qwrabness beach, hut fire

Corribee Boy

Visit site
I'm heading there tomorrow, so I might be able to tell you. ABout a month ago some work was starting on making good the concrete piles from one hut.

Generally the planning and insurance issues have been time consuming to settle. Progress seems to have been made, though taking several years. Almost at the end of the process the Environment Agency pointed out that it was development on a flood plain so could they now have an impact assessment.:rolleyes:

At least one hut is going to be a 'kit' so should go up quickly. (though not as quickly as it did two years ago!)

Last edited:

Corribee Boy

Visit site
Yes, the first hut 217B935C-7DE3-4D1B-893E-26D553415F77.jpeghas been rebuilt. Apparently took three days!
The newest huts dwarf the original huts such as ours. While our 1922 vintage hut has ‘shabby chic’ style, I’m slightly jealous of the extra space.

sailorman

Visit site
We did enjoy overnight Ing at Wrabness, and we hoping that the mooring bouy was actually a fixed to the sebed?it's nice to see "" the locals messing about on the river, and especially the children".