Quartet 25 in PBO March - web resources?

Steve_Bentley

Visit site
Was quite impressed by this boat as it seems to have all the qualities I'd want when I finally buy something (not just yet). Doing a quick search on the web I could find nothing further about them (apart from a couple for sale with minimum details). Are they very rare? If anyone could point me in the direction of more info I'd appreciate it. On the other hand if only a dozen exist there's little chance of finding one for sale over the next year or three so that info would be useful too!

Many thanks in advance, Steve

cliff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Was quite impressed by this boat as it seems to have all the qualities I'd want when I finally buy something (not just yet). Doing a quick search on the web I could find nothing further about them (apart from a couple for sale with minimum details). Are they very rare? If anyone could point me in the direction of more info I'd appreciate it. On the other hand if only a dozen exist there's little chance of finding one for sale over the next year or three so that info would be useful too!

Many thanks in advance, Steve

[/ QUOTE ]From what I know of them they are quite a rarity and generally don't stay on the market long if they come up for sale. Most seem to change hands within the clubs by word of mouth.

I have sent PM
----------
hammer.thumb.gif

ex-Gladys

Visit site
Looks very similar to Robber IIIE, which we looked at. Only issue you need to be aware of is, as the PBO guy found, hard raced boats can have probs at that age. We walked away from a nice Robber with Deck problems around the mast. £2500-£3000 repair on a £6000 boat

sophie4

Visit site
Try a Bolero, also designed by Dave Thomas, but a few years later. Same size and also competive. These are also quite hard to find. I've just bought one , will keep you posted. I found an old report via one of the magazines. Good luck

Steve_Bentley

Visit site
Thanks everyone (replied to PM)- I'll be keeping my eyes open over the coming months! Will also add Bolero's to 'must find out more' list!

Steve