Pump Out

G

There is a simple lack of pump out facilities on the Severn estuary, therefore since I would like to use my holding tank whilst in the marina / harbour areas does anyone know if there is any equiptment available that can be used to self pump out your boat, ideally through the deck side pump out pipe whilst out at sea. Thanks

G

I had a Princess 35 with a holding tank and the tank had a hand operated pump ( with a handle, the same as a bilge pump)valve which meant you could pump the tank out at sea. However, this went out through a below the waterline hull fitting, rather than your deck pump out.

G

I'm just about to take my boat to the yard to have an overboard discharge system fitted: below waterline seacock/electric pump/diverter. But you could use a manual pump. See www.westmarine.com (advisor section).

G

surely you could use an electric macerator plumbed in at the end as opposed to the beginning??

G

Lee Sanitation are the experts on pump-out toilets and holding tanks. They will be able to offer you advice and schematics covering the various discharge options possible. You will find them at www.leesan.com or phone 01295 770000.