Pump it up

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
I have three makes of fender, some of which are a bit too squidgy. One called Anchor, I can reflate using a sports ball inflator. One called Derwent has a plastic screw over the valve, and I don't have an adaptor long enough to put air in. One, Dutch with a brand name like 'Magoli', has a very small inflation hole (2-3mm) which seems to be solidly blocked.

Has anyone got any idea how to get more air into these two last types?

TIA, as always.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tom52

Visit site
I have some new Majoli fenders which has some kind of metal valve.
The chandler tells me that the needle type football adaptor is the thing to use, although I have not tried it yet.

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
My 'standard with the boat' bennytoe fenders have the same solid hole, I conclude that you cant blow them up.

Watch out for the anchor brand if they have the metal cringle in the loop hole. In severe conditions the fender can get pushed down below the pontoon and the metal bit gouges the hull.

<hr width=100% size=1>

peterb

Visit site
I believe that some fenders are sealed by pushing a hot metal ball into the inflation hole after inflation. Once sealed, you can't re-inflate.

Generally speaking, re-inflation doesn't work very well anyway. For the fender to have lost pressure there must have been a leak, and unless this is found and sealed then the fender will only go down again.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
You mentioned that yours isn't long enough to inflate some of the types- this can be a problem and I want to share with you that I've had that problem as well. Maybe you need a selection to choose from.

I got such a selection from Aladdins (do you know, now I look at that I realise I can't spell it!) in Deacons. Might be a solution.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

tome

www.google.co.uk
Just make sure you put the rope on the oppisite end from the valve, else you might mistake coming alongside clumsily with a Taliban uprising - bullets and all!

<hr width=100% size=1>