Puerto Sherry marina Spain

MAURICE

Visit site
Hi all
Due to the virus ive had to change my plans. Possibly thinking of taking the boat to Puerto Sherry this October which is the marina near Cadiz in Spain. Ive visited before on a couple of occasions but only breifly. Anybody know what it is like for the winter period from November to May? Ill be leaving the boat and going backwards and forwards to the UK.
Thanks
Maurice

nortada

Visit site
Hi all
Due to the virus ive had to change my plans. Possibly thinking of taking the boat to Puerto Sherry this October which is the marina near Cadiz in Spain. Ive visited before on a couple of occasions but only breifly. Anybody know what it is like for the winter period from November to May? Ill be leaving the boat and going backwards and forwards to the UK.
Thanks
Maurice

Where are you now❓

PlanB

Visit site
I recall it was a pleasant marina quite near to the centre of a small town and with a ferry service to Cadiz. I seem to remember it was quite breezy.
The main difficulty for your plan is flights - Jerez has very limited options and Sevlille is a bit of a schlep, although there is a train.
Hopefully Capt Sensible will be along soon with a better view.

capnsensible

Visit site
:D

Know it well. Its actually a long walk into town and the bars n stuff on site are very expensive. Nice to visit for a day or two but otherwise a bit dank.

For me, Rota is a much nicer marina. Thats the one close to town. Love it. Thats got the ferry. Junta Adalucia marina so prices good. Also worth a look is Ayamonte and Chipiona.

nortada

Visit site
Given Portugal’s attitude to Brexit (the opportunity to get Portuguese Residency) and their management of the Covid crisis (less than 350 cases and 14 deaths on The Algarve, with a resident population of 1/2m).

If I planned to commute from the UK, I would plumb for Albuferia Marina, secure, easy access to Faro Airport and sufficiently far out-of-town town to be away from any risk of the virus.

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site

Know it well. Its actually a long walk into town and the bars n stuff on site are very expensive. Nice to visit for a day or two but otherwise a bit dank.

For me, Rota is a much nicer marina. Thats the one close to town. Love it. Thats got the ferry. Junta Adalucia marina so prices good. Also worth a look is Ayamonte and Chipiona.
Agree, if I was contemplating Andalusia, Rota would be well up the list as would Chipiona or Ayamonte as they are all Junta Marinas they are less expensive.

Last edited:

PlanB

Visit site

False memory syndrome again - sorry!

greeny

Visit site
Ayamonte offers the options of flying to/from Seville or Faro. Also possibly better winter weather than Cadiz area.
Completely agree.
Times have changed and ease and options of commuting has to be higher up the list of considerations now.
Ayamonte, nice little town (I love the place), marina right in town -few hundred metres. Decent chandlery. Faro, Lisbon or Seville airport. Transport links to both. Ferry to Portugal. Cruise up the river. What's not to like?
If I wasn't settled where I was (house, life, friends) I would certainly be there or heading there.