Pubs

DepSol

Visit site
Just to let you all know that , you can now drink in Guernsey from 12 noon to 12.45am and weekday drinking hours will be extended till 12.45am also.

That shoudl please you LJS more time to wander around to find the perfect beer. And for Pauline and Jon B you can now stay in Baloos drinking cocktails with your favorite freinds for longer.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

paulineb

Visit site
Oh God !! I'd forgotten about that. I didn't realise you had trailer park trash in Guernsey - it would soooo awful.

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

Col

Visit site
Aren't I Invited??

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
If I had from now until eternity finding good beer on Guernsey would be less successful than searching for the holy grail!! ;-((

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
You never seem to bother what beer your drinking when I'm with you. Only. How much have they!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

DepSol

Visit site
Your virtually a local Colin ;-)

This means we can stand outside antica roma until 1 am drinking now.

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
Welcome to the civilised world Dom. Perhaps we'll have to see about even longer opening hours in Alderney now our differentials have been eroded:)

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Forget the pub opening times. (as a gastrononic expert) I am more concerned with the early closing times of the chip shop. Every time I go to the place you can`t sit down and eat as "he is closed" Oh! I have just had a thought perhaps he doesnt want to serve me?

Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>robinwdunham

DepSol

Visit site
Just booked in to the Saye camp site for alderney week so I will hold you to a beer.

Will probably be moored on a locals mooring just behind the life boat. How about showing us some of the good fishing spots from a boat?

Do you know if Julian has sold the Alderney boating centre yet?

I saw that they were thinking of putting a marina in Braye, what is the locals opinion on this? Personally I thinks its a good idea.

Steve_D

Visit site
If it's Pete's chippy* (Fountain Street)

The guy has a bit of a personality problem IMHO, makes good chips tho

* It hasn't been owned by Pete since about 1972. But it will always be Pete's chippy to me!

Regards

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
Ha ha yeah know EXACTLTY what you mean. Great chips but the miserable bearded bloke with a huge attitude problem makes you not want to go there altho he has cheered up recently. Close at 9pm sharp and not open on sunday.

May be he has a chip on his shoulder ;-)

paulineb

Visit site
Man powered flight

I remember you mentioning you were going to do the man powered flight this year - are you still up for it?

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Man powered flight

hmmm forgotten about that lets see what the prizes are.

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
I'll gladly buy you a beer Dom. I live next door to the Campania and SWMBO Mel and I often refer to it as "The Office". As far as fishing spots goes, I'm better at shore fishing, but if I've got access to a boat that works by that time maybe we can go and wet a line, then have a beer.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
I usually do a bit of shore fishing when I am over and troll a Rapala when I take the dinghy from Braye to Saye, great fun. I find the fishing has declined in alderney in he last ten years to, cant seem to find the bigger bass anymore.

If not we can go out in my boat. Do you know Simon and Gabby Simon works for the Fire brigade.

Know the Campagnia well, usually pop in there to watch the Grand Prix when I am over and have a few jars. Also pop in for a few pints before sunday Lunch at the Courier as Tina does a good five courser.

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
Too many people netting inshore, that's the problem. It's knocking hell out of the mullet too, (the fish, not the hairstyle that is). Still quite good bassing but the big ones are a bit few and far between.
Sorry but I don't know Simon And Gabby, hard to believe in such a small community but we don't all know everybody else over here.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

It must be the closest one to the marina! not sure of street name, I remember it was on a slight hill (isnt it always). Are there any more chippies as accessible on the island? I, sure as hell! wont use that one again.
Regards
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>robinwdunham

DepSol

Visit site
Yeah it was the Chip Inn or as known to me Steve and hundreds ofIslanders...Petes Chippy.

Fantastic Chips, miserable moane serving you. as I said he has got better recently but has peobably put you off for life.

Next time your over give me a shout and if its chips you want I know just the place.