Public thanks to stinkie

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Sat lunchtime, engine failure whilst battling to get back into Solent against building tide (4kts+) at Hurst narrows. 1st attempted tow from similar sized Moody gratefully received but inadequate agianst tide - literally stationary for 30 mins.... unfortunately forgot name of vessel in the mayhem.... if you were the kind soul who valiantly treied to tow me in (Impossible Dream), many thanks....

...... then kind owner of stinkie having lunch in Keyhaven overhead my conversation to SCG and offered to come out and tow me in .... few minutes later a beautiful Nelson 42 "Isla" (White Ensign no less) appeared and kindly towed me all the way to a berth in Lymington Yacht Haven at 6kts!.... managed to thrown him best bottle of wine I could find in the heat of the moment.... but once again, many thanks to owner and crew, whoever you are.

Rob

Langouste

Visit site
Glad to hear it. I am very much a rag man but as in all walks of life there are the good and the bad to be found. My experiences of wash this season (out of Poole) have often been poor with arrogant stinkies barging by at many knots. It was in Christchurch however that power found redemption for me. Scraping out at the earliest opportunity (keel up - Seal 22) we were about to be overtaken by a RIB @12" crewed by 3 young teenage girls, prior to drawing alongside they slowed to around 4 kts and passed well for'd before speeding up again. Well done to those young ladies and well done to the parents who have brought them up so well.
I must admit that I had assumed those parents to be raggies but on relating this incident to a chum he knew the young ladies as well as the parents and assured me that they were stinkies through and through. If only they were all the same.

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Re: Nelson 42 or 38?

You're absolutely right, this is it. I think when he initially called (I think it was a member of crew) he called himself a '42' but now I remember noticing a '38' writtent in whote letters on the side somewhere.

Well spotted. Do you know them? How did you find this site - coincidence?!

Rob

JerryHawkins

Visit site
Re: Nelson 42 or 38?

Pure coincidence!

We went to look at a second-hand Fisher 34; the owners were selling as they'd just ordered a Nelson 38. I then started looking on the web as a matter of interest to see how much they were likely to be paying (about £300k I should imagine!!). When I saw your post, I went back and had another look!

Cheers,

Jerry