Princess V40 - cockpit upholstery refurb?

DazzyWoo

Visit site
Below is a picture of a standard cockpit, and a non standard one. As you can see there is quite a difference. Is it possible to get someone to put if back to original spec (or a v.good copy). Can anyone recommend a supplier I could get a quote from ?

Standard Princess V40 cockpit
5014923_20150312075335240_1_XLARGE.jpg

Non-Standard Princess V40 cockpit
7302.jpg

Whitelighter

Visit site
I rather like the replacement stuff - looks much more modern than that blue ribbed look

Cant see why you would want to change it back but any trimmer could do it. Looks like you would need new foams so i would guess £3k ish

jfm

Visit site
Yes this can be done and I'd agree £3k approx. + vat. Someone on here I hope will tell you the name of Princess's OEM supplier, who maybe can make from drawings so you do not need to return your cushions to them

I'm not a big fan of the blue stripe in the standard cushions but I agree that the originals are a much nicer shape. The base cushions of the modified cockpit are just plain flat slabs of foam, which isn't nice

Whitelighter

Visit site
I agree with JFM on the profile of the seat bases, but since you are getting new foams I'd ditch the piped tube backs and do something more modern. Since you are updating look how brand new stuff is done and adapt that style. It won't cost any,ore