Princess 360, 380. Phantom 37

Jerbro

Visit site
OK, so I've sold the Portofino, and now the search begins. Given we had the hardtop before, we're leaning toward a fly-bridge. Thinking of princess or fairline around 40', mid to late 90's. Most seem to have the TAMD63P's which seem ok.(not really considering the ones fitted with 230hp engines).

I would appreciate your expert opinions on this choice.

<hr width=100% size=1>Jerbro
====
Click here for <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.btinternet.com/~jerbro> My ex-boat pics</A>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Theres no arguement about your choice. Just find the one that fits your options. We were talking about a bloke last week that sold his F36 and bought a newer Whatever. Trouble was the seats were curved and he could not lie down to watch the tv. So he was totaly pissed off. But its important. Does the layout suit you?? Every ones different. Both Princess and Fairline come out of the same stable, For instance. If any others ever sleep on my boat. Its in the dinning room. But its very rare we need to do it. With others it would be every week. So need second bedroom. Decide on your own comfort level and whats most likely to happen. Then find a boat to suit.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue> Haydn

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>I agree with Haydn. I will be looking for a smaller boat when I sell my Princess 435 and a second cabin is most important in case my wife ever stays on board. 'OI' (my dog) and I do not like sharing our cabin with her she puts all Nancy stuff in the cabin.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

miket

Visit site
Saw a super looking Broom 41 on the website of the yard where I bought my Broom 37.
Had big engines, can't remember exactly, but I think they were VP 380 hp which should give best part of 30 kts. 2 nice big sleeping cabins, one front one back. No problem with guests that snore here. Separate dinnette/ galley, and huge Saloon with cupboards and drawers everywhere.
Best part is the upper steering (I still call the flybridge, but based on rear cabin roof) with lovely comfy seats for 3/4 at helm plus moulded seating all around the rear deck, and in UK climate is wonderfully snug with hood up (as spray hood) or great with hood down on those rare hot summer days.
You just have to learn to ignore all the comments from those on the forum who are jealous, because they really want one but couldn't take the flack !! (now duck)

PM me if you want name/ website.

<hr width=100% size=1>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

The P360 is supposed to be a really good seaboat and it's nearly 40' anyway so its bigger than the designation suggests and certainly bigger than the Phantom 37 which is a pumped up Corsica 35. You dont need 63P's in the P360 as 63L's are more than adequate but you're right to ignore any KAD42 engined boats. How about the Phantom 40, Sealine 420/F42 or 410/F43? Ignore any prejudices - these Sealines are sound boats
Agree with miket - Broom 41 well worth looking at if budget stretches. Look past the somewhat dated decor and appreciate the space, quality and practicality of these boats but you need more than 300hp a side for reasonable performance

<hr width=100% size=1>