Price of Camping Gas

VicS

Visit site
Around the £20 mark I think you will find. RRP £23

The 904 cyl costs nearly as much. RRP £20

Last edited:

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Paid £16.90 for a calor refill on Wednesday, converted from Camping gaz last year fed up of being ripped of, carry the fittings to change over if we ar caught short in foreign parts:D

Burnham Bob

Visit site
Normally our local camping shop is a quid or so cheaper than the marina but its not worth the hassle making a special trip. Camping Gaz is more expensive for a smaller bottle but I have to use it becuase of the sdpace in the locker.

BlueChip

Visit site
How much is a refill on a 2.75 Kg canister?

I paid I thnk £17 for a refill of the next size down recently which seemed a lot, not from a marina either.

Why dont you refill your own bottle from a 15Kg Calor cylinder? It's so easy and only costs a few £ for the valves and hose required and about £3 in gas.

Search for the many forum posts on this subject.

VicMallows

Visit site
Oh so glad I use propane at 28 quid for 13Kg's

I was amazed to see it was Euro14 for 12kg in Cyprus this year. Long way to go though:D The price variation between even EU countries is so huge that it can't entirely be accounted for by tax differences.

There used to be a few 'alternative' brands in UK which were significantly cheaper than Calor (though with nothing like the widespread availability) but most seem to have been 'bought up' and those remaining all charge much the same. I wonder why:rolleyes:

Vic

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Why dont you refill your own bottle from a 15Kg Calor cylinder? It's so easy and only costs a few £ for the valves and hose required and about £3 in gas.

Search for the many forum posts on this subject.

I agree. If I was UK based I would be refilling my own from bigger, cheaper bottles. It's easy to do and the fittings are readily available.

SHUG

Visit site
Top asking price for a refill of camping Gaz was 40€ in Bastia , Corsica in 2008.Told the guy he was off his head!!!

blenkinsop

Visit site
10 euro in Greece.
It' still a rip off compared to having a cylinder filled directly or the equivalent LPG for a car (if available)