Prezeva town Marina

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If anyone interested , just pop into the town new marina and been told for a 12.5 mts yacht the winter rates are €360 pm or €1800 for winter five months .
Water and power at the moment is free but they are fitting meters and once fittered you have to pay for power and water .
Marina still not finished but most of it is in place .
Not for us as we know how wet Greece can be after dec but the rates may interest others .

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
So cheap safe mooring in Preveza is a thing of the past? How does this compare with Cleo? I'll stick to anchoring I think although I will miss the ease of getting ashore for an evening.

I walked in from the town quay one evening in May and the security guy said that it was owned or managed by Cleopatra but by different staff. It wasn't open but I got the impression that I could probably arrange to leave a boat there if flying to UK for a couple of weeks. I certainly saw a few boats dotted around even though opening was several months away. I said I'd call for details and he told me not to call Cleopatra and gave me the number for a different office. It will be a lot safer in bad weather than Cleopatra, perhaps they'll charge more for that reason. I got the impression that it wouldn't be particularly cheap to spend odd nights there in summer.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Summer rates in the marina are comparable with Lefkas and Gouvia (April to End September), winter rates much lower. 12m yacht, €50 high season, €26 low season. The ownership is the same company as Cleopatra but a separate entity. Note that this is the long underdeveloped marina at the northern end of town, behind the ship quay.
The town quay remains under local authority control and charges about half what the marina charges. The town quay is not a good place to be in blow from the south or east but the marina has excellent all round protection. The marina is a good place to leave the boat in the summer for a flight home except for the cost....

sailaboutvic

Visit site
So cheap safe mooring in Preveza is a thing of the past? How does this compare with Cleo? I'll stick to anchoring I think although I will miss the ease of getting ashore for an evening.
The quay is still low cost for nightly mooring , as Mac said I was talking about the new marina in the town .
Of cause anchoring is still the best option , the quay is nosy at time dirty and music in the summer can go on till the early hours .
Also as Duncan said in a East/South blow it can be dangerous, even with little wind there a slop .
At the prices quoted in my opening post , if some one wanted to leave a boat for say two months in the winter while going back , it's not a bad option , I don't think lefkas or Cleo rates on a monthly base are less .

Other threads that may be of interest