Pressure Washers

whisper

Visit site
There was a comparative report done recently by one of the mags. Can someone please tell me when and where this was or else what "won" the trials?
Need to wash a tractor down to locate an oil leak /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks.

William_H

Visit site
You might find that a coating of engine wash down fluid followed by a squirt with a standard hose with spray nozzle will do the job. I don't imagine you need the real power of a pressure washer like you need on the hull of a boat. olewill

sarabande

Visit site
best to be a bit careful with old tractors and pressure washers, as some oil seals and rubber covers/gaiters will leak with lots of p.s.i. Water can then get in to gearboxes, switches, etc

I'd go for the engine cleaner and a stiff brush routine first, then with a lance set on wide spray next.

The little Bosch range (green plastic covers) are good small units, but need connecting to a hose, They don't pick up from a tank. Cheap and cheerful from your local agricultural dealer.

Don't forget the goggles, 'cos lots of little sharp stones will be mixed up in the crevices along with dung and hayseed, and will blast back at your face. Yep, done it myself....

Allan

Visit site
I have a small Karcher bought cheap in the late 80s. It has been used and abused since. It was recently run dry for at least half an hour when I forgot to turn it off and someone disconnected the water. It still gives good pressure which is not powerfull enough to damage things. As I said, it is small, I think the model number is 220. Karcher seem to be the market leaders and you can get good deals from DIY stores.
Allan