Pre Seatalk Autohelm 6000

Cspirit

We have the above fitted tour 1985 Westerly Corsair. I assume that the Autohelm - the one fitted directly to the steering quadrant - is of the same vintage. The system works well but the control unit is located above the chart table, which is not the most convenient. We do have a wired remote control, but this is playing up and replacement or repair both seem unlikely - the circuit board in this control is probably faulty.

So, I've been looking on eBay and I may be able to source a control panel the same as our current model. I have looked on the Raymarine site and it looks like I can wire this in so that we have a second station in the cockpit. Does the team think that this might be possible? Also, could I wire in a more recent Autohelm control in the same manner? Would this work, or are the later control panels not compatible.

Any advice gratefully received. Bob

pvb

So, I've been looking on eBay and I may be able to source a control panel the same as our current model. I have looked on the Raymarine site and it looks like I can wire this in so that we have a second station in the cockpit. Does the team think that this might be possible? Also, could I wire in a more recent Autohelm control in the same manner? Would this work, or are the later control panels not compatible.

You can add a similar control unit as a second station (either an indicating or a non-indicating version). You can't use a more recent Autohelm control.