Portugal loves us!

Poignard

Visit site
Britain and Portugal been allies for centuries, albeit unequal ones. This alliance long predates the EU/EEC.

The Westmonster website's attempts to portray the travel concession as an achievement by Brexiteers is ridiculous.

But the Brexiteers are gullible enough to believe anything their puppet-masters tell them. :rolleyes:

alant

Visit site
Britain and Portugal been allies for centuries, albeit unequal ones. This alliance long predates the EU/EEC.

The Westmonster website's attempts to portray the travel concession as an achievement by Brexiteers is ridiculous.

But the Brexiteers are gullible enough to believe anything their puppet-masters tell them. :rolleyes:

Who are these "puppet-masters" you keep on whittering about?

nortada

Visit site

Who are these "puppet-masters" you keep on whittering about?

OK Sooty, I'll tell you. Those who stand to gain by exploiting your gullibility.

There is more and more evidence from a number of reliable sources that whatever the outcome of Brexit, the warm relationship between the Portugal and the UK will continue.

In what sense is the 1384 Treaty of Windsor between 2 reigning monarchs, unequal?

I would humbly suggest the aggression, exhibited in the posts above, would be more appropriate in Anything Brexit, rather than here in Liveaboard Link, were the emphasis is on trying to work out the best course through Brexit; if it happens.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Poignard

Visit site
Why move a thread just because you want to hijack it? Go start your own in the lounge so we can avoid your comments here.

Threads get moved all the time. This one seems only to have evinced any interest amongst those interested in the pros and cons of Brexit. I would not be at all surprised if the original poster had intended it to be in the Brexit forum.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Threads get moved all the time. This one seems only to have evinced any interest amongst those interested in the pros and cons of Brexit. I would not be at all surprised if the original poster had intended it to be in the Brexit forum.

Wrong there, the thread is/was of interest to those of us based here, including the OP. Nothing to do with Brexit as such.

nortada

Visit site

I would be amazed if the OP had any intention of posting this thread anywhere but here.

This thread has nothing to do with the pros & cons of Brexit; rather it suggests further evidence of the close friendship between the UK and Portugal that should survive Brexit.

As an aside, it will be interesting to see how many British boaties currently around the EU move to Portugal?

Heckler

Visit site
Well, if it's any indication, I personally know 3 boaties who have officially taken up residence here in the last 10 days, with more intending to follow.
Exactly and with 12 here that I know of, way to go. As it happens it loks like Spain is coming on board as well. Both they and Portugal are welcoming us. Announcements being made daily as the day gets nearer. Some of us post on here to help each other, not to score points. The guy at the Camara was most helpful and welcoming, apparantly the President of Portugal has issued an edict that they do all they can to help us Brits. We are Portugals oldest allies! That was mentioned as well.

Last edited:

PhilipH

www.sailblogs.com
Check out the story on BBC Northern Ireland "What would no-deal mean for Northern Ireland economy?" Also think what no-deal means for liveaboards in the Med ...

nortada

Visit site
Check out the story on BBC Northern Ireland "What would no-deal mean for Northern Ireland economy?" Also think what no-deal means for liveaboards in the Med ...

Don't know for sure but I think we are getting a fairly clear indication of what no deal would mean to liveaboards in Southern Europe and this has no link to the impact of no deal on the Northern Ireland economy?

As we have establish a criteria to remain in Southern Europe post Brexit on broadly the same terms as pre Brexit, little will change.

Possibly we have already paid the price with the reduction of sterling against the euro but to put it in context, I have just got back from an excellent 5 course lunch with a bunch of mates, with half a liter of wine thrown in, at a cost of €10 each so think we will survive.

Oh yes, the sun was shining from a clear blue sky but that comes at no extra cost. :encouragement: :D

Last edited:

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Spain loves us too... They are going to install special sections at airport immigration checks for UK citizens and their government web page http://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en/brexit/howtoprepare/Paginas/index.aspx says it will make our lives easy deal or no deal.

I intend moving back to France and the French government web site also indicates it will look favourably at Brits wanting residency...

Just hope we get a normal no deal exit because so much has already been agreed that OK, it will not happen automatically as it would with the May deal, the various elements will exist and be easily agreed