Portugal easing lockdown

[3889]

Visit site
Interested in opinions on what this means, particularly allowing low risk sports from 5th April. Does this mean boaty stuff for the hoi polloi?

Lockdown easing in Portugal from 15 March – but slowly

Was in Vilamoura today and there were about 100 dinghies and windsurfers and associated support services from a couple of dozen countries in some sort of international regatta which didn't seem particularly in keeping with the ethos of a strict lockdown:unsure:

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Interested in opinions on what this means, particularly allowing low risk sports from 5th April. Does this mean boaty stuff for the hoi polloi?

Sounds to me as though sailing should be allowed after Easter and movement between municipalities will be allowed as well so Webby may be able to escape from Cascais :)

- Low-risk sports
- Outdoor physical activity for up to four people allowed

Sailfree

Visit site
With numbers rising in Italy (just about to commence another lockdown), rising again in France and Germany without a successful vaccine programme I suspect any easing of lockdown will cause an increase in cases and back to lockdown.

Still not much info of whether herd immunity is even working with new variants. Even without vaccine one would have hoped a vast number would now be immune due to having suffered Covid.

Of my direct family in UK out of 17- 9 have been vaccinated - 11 have suffered Covid. Not sure whether they are typical but surely with combination of vaccine and having suffered and some of them had both numbers should be reducing more quickly.

Iike everyone we just want everything to go back to normal I just wish I could feel more positive.

Its 12months now since 1st lockdown!

nortada

Visit site
With numbers rising in Italy (just about to commence another lockdown), rising again in France and Germany without a successful vaccine programme I suspect any easing of lockdown will cause an increase in cases and back to lockdown.

Still not much info of whether herd immunity is even working with new variants. Even without vaccine one would have hoped a vast number would now be immune due to having suffered Covid.

Of my direct family in UK out of 17- 9 have been vaccinated - 11 have suffered Covid. Not sure whether they are typical but surely with combination of vaccine and having suffered and some of them had both numbers should be reducing more quickly.

Iike everyone we just want everything to go back to normal I just wish I could feel more positive.

Its 12months now since 1st lockdown!

Portugal off the red list on Monday.https://forums.ybw.com/index.php?threads/%F0%9F%87%B5%F0%9F%87%B9-red-mist-clearing-travel-to-from-u-k-portugal-from-17th-may%F0%9F%8F%B4%F3%A0%81%A7%F3%A0%81%A2%F3%A0%81%A5%F3%A0%81%AE%F3%A0%81%A7%F3%A0%81%BF.561721/

Jab within the next month.✅

Return to UK end of May after 18 month Prisoner of Covid. Even if the jab does't materialize in Portugal, we can get a test to go to UK no quarantine so get the jab there.

I feel very positive.(y)

Only down side is the F1 Grand Prix at Portimao on 2 May that could give covid a new lease of life in the Algarve and bugger the rest of the holiday season - will they never learn? ❓

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I feel very positive.(y)

I feel slightly more positive. UK may be removing Portugal from red list but Portugal's ban on direct flights will need lifting as well and (hope I'm wrong) can't see that happening this side of Easter. Yes things will ease as time passes but, this virus and it's mutations are here to stay so no-one knows what future restrictions may be.

nortada

Visit site
I feel slightly more positive. UK may be removing Portugal from red list but Portugal's ban on direct flights will need lifting as well and (hope I'm wrong) can't see that happening this side of Easter. Yes things will ease as time passes but, this virus and it's mutations are here to stay so no-one knows what future restrictions may be.
Understand flights start from 17 May.